What's new

WashWorld/Laser 4000 festoon cable replacement

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
In the near future I am going to be replacing the festoon cables on my WashWorld IBA for the first time.

Any tips and/or suggestions before I tackle this project?

Thanks.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
Pay attention to the location of each layer(color) of the festoon cable.

Cut the festoon cable before each box, so you can leave the individual wires attached, and pull the "inside of the box.

Run the new festoon cable, and remove one wire at a time replacing it with the new wire.

I find it easiest starting at the j4 box, and working back to the j3, and finally the j2.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
Its a pretty easy job, I'd recommend getting now rollers while your at it. Just cut the cables before the boxes lay the cables on the ground and just put rollers where the old ones were so you can just slide the rollers in the track without adjusting the loops. I highly recommend getting a schematic from your dist. because over the years techs jumper wires and whatnot and it can get confusing.

John Racine

Chemical & Equipment Dist
Reaction score
Ric,

Give us a call we will be more than happy to help you through the replacement of the Festoon Cable.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Festoon Wire Change

Hey Ric,
Feel free to give us a call, we would be more than happy to provide with any information you may need in preperation for that job. The most important thing to remember when making a festoon change is to take your time and have documentation for your terminations.When clamping your festoon in the rollers,be sure not to pinch down on the festoon too tight and watch your routing of the festoon around the carriage enclosure. Give me a call if i can help you in any way!
Rick

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Thanks John (distributor) and Rick (manufacture) for the offers of assistance.

My son did the job all on his own the other day...and a swell job he did:) It took him much longer than he figured. But in my 28 years of doing this I know how that goes:rolleyes: