What's new

Washworld HV troubleshoot

carwashkid22

Reaction score
Have a machine with all new proxes. Just replaced the arch rotate gearbox and arch rotate electric motor with new parts roughly 3 months ago. (The shaft was snapped) so new gearbox and new electric motor 3000 cars later the arch rotate motor sounds like it spinning but the shaft does not move. Motor starter in cabinet pops in like it should. No odd sounds (sounds like it’s getting all the power it needs) and when you spin motor with your hand the “vent fans” you can see move so no shaft broken in motor. What could be the issue? My only theory is the motor went bad on me or for some reason it’s not getting enough current? Any advice would be cool!

MEP001

Reaction score
Sounds like a stripped gearbox. A bad motor won't sound like it's running, it'll just hum.

carwashkid22

Reaction score
But if it was the gearbox wouldn’t the motor turn freely when you pull it out? I pulled the motor out completely and tried to arch rotate it on the controller and it sounds normal but it doesn’t spin. It’ll spin easy by hand as if it was brand new

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe the shaft is broken inside behind the output shaft bearing. The motors are fairly easy to take apart.

chevyguy09

Reaction score
It almost sounds to me like the motor is single phasing. The motor would sound the same if it was single phasing and more than likely not turn at all or turn very slowly.

carwashkid22

Reaction score
Contactor in panel was good, was getting low voltage on one leg problem was in between bay box and trolley. Installer believes just running the motor at too low of a voltage am going to boost the speed controller a bit to boost voltage. Exact problem unknown but it working now could’ve been a loose wire just an odd one.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
Contactor in panel was good, was getting low voltage on one leg problem was in between bay box and trolley. Installer believes just running the motor at too low of a voltage am going to boost the speed controller a bit to boost voltage. Exact problem unknown but it working now could’ve been a loose wire just an odd one.
You may have a festoon cable going bad

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
Is the motor and gearbox a single unit? If its two separate components then maybe the key way is bad or missing.

carwashkid22

Reaction score
Key is in tact and so is gearbox/motor they are only a couple months old gearbox spins very easy and freely along with motor. It’s a voltage issue and not in the WW cabinet but out in the bay….