What's new

WashSelect dispensing too many coins

DavidM

Reaction score
We have a Unitec WashSelect II that is occasionally (3 times in the last 3 months that we are aware of) dispensing 40+ dollar coins. On one occasion is was only supposed to dispense 1 and gave the customer 44, yesterday it was supposed to dispense 9 and dispensed 46.

I can't replicate the issue. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

David

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I have a Guardian Paystation but we had a similar issues after programming tokens. About 1 of every 25 quarters would give credit for a 10 dollar token instead of $0.25. This would result in $10 getting added to the customers change. Ended up being the coin acceptor. Probably not the issue but worth checking.

APW

Reaction score
We have a Unitec WashSelect II that is occasionally (3 times in the last 3 months that we are aware of) dispensing 40+ dollar coins. On one occasion is was only supposed to dispense 1 and gave the customer 44, yesterday it was supposed to dispense 9 and dispensed 46.

I can't replicate the issue. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

David
You need to either replace the coin hopper or the cable that plugs on the hopper. I've only ever had to change the hopper to fix mine. I think the plating comes off the prongs on the back of the hopper causing it to Jackpot.

DavidM

Reaction score
Update:
It is not properly counting coins as they are dispensed. I was able to replicate the issue when dispensing coins manually through the diagnostics menu. I took the hopper apart and cleaned the cam and the optic that count coins as they are dispensed. So far, that seems to have helped. Next step would be the wiring harness from the hopper to the board, I inspected it carefully and didn't see any signs of damage but this unit is 18 years old and has been fairly busy. I may just replace the hopper and harness to be safe.

David