What's new

Wash select ii faulty

Dirt Buster

Reaction score
I’ve been getting issues with my wash select ii not communicating correctly with my razor wash. I’ve been getting too many calls about people saying they pay for a wash, and when the wash in front of them finishes, the system does not give them their wash. So they have to pay for a second wash. This is for a new razor, but it has worked for multiple months until about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what is causing it. Any suggestions?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'd start by checking both ends of the wash in use wires. The razor should be sending a signal to the WSII letting it know that a car wash is taking place and to hold the signal until the new wash is ready to be loaded. It's J18 1&2 on the wash select motherboard. I'm not familiar with the razor but I'm sure tech support could answer that question in a couple of minutes.

APW

Reaction score
I’ve been getting issues with my wash select ii not communicating correctly with my razor wash. I’ve been getting too many calls about people saying they pay for a wash, and when the wash in front of them finishes, the system does not give them their wash. So they have to pay for a second wash. This is for a new razor, but it has worked for multiple months until about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what is causing it. Any suggestions?
I've had the relays go bad on my Wash Selects. You can test relays under diagnostics in setup and if one is bad you can switch to another relay. I think there are 8 relays total on the Wash Select.

Dirt Buster

Reaction score
I think I found the answer. In the setting for the wash select ii, relay stacking was turned off. This wash select has been there for many many years, I don't think the previous owner had it off the whole time? Not sure why it was off, but enabling it seems to have fixed it.