What's new

Wash Select II - crypto tap

george361

Reaction score
Considering adding crypto tap to my Wash Select II. Anything Issues I should know about beforehand?

I have seen some reports of odd pay station behavior once tap was added but these reports where around the release date of crypto tap. Hoping these issues have been resolved?

The Cryptopay conversion has served me well but the poor card reads are starting to be an issue, hoping that adding tap helps customers achieve a successful purchase without swiping multiple times.

Appreciate any insights you may have.

Reaction score
Ours have been flawless since we installed them on our WSII and our self serves. Once plugged in, you just have to get into the cryptopay chat box and tell them to link the cryptotaps serial # with the corresponding swipers serial #, and you'll be all set!
The only downside is that under recent purchases it will only say "EMV-Tap" instead of the cardholders first and last name.

traveler17

Reaction score
I should’ve put those in first, they work great. No complaint here

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
It's a no brainer. They work well and are super fast. I'd bet over a third of our transactions are now Tap, plus people can use their phones with apple pay or Samsung pay etc.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've installed it maybe a Year ago. I like it.

Only problem I've seen on the wash select IIs with cryptopay seem to be related to low 5VDC causing the unit to reboot frequently and go out of service. IIRC the taps have their own power supply, so I think that is related to a bad power supply or excessive draw from something else.

gomerpyle

Reaction score
May I ask where you purchased the Crypto Tap From, item number etc. Everything associated with the Wash Select II appears to be so challenging to me.
Thank you.