What's new

Wash Select 2 Questions

WashSingh

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

Have had a few Wash Select 2 issues and was hoping to get some advise. I have an In-bay automatic at a Gasoline station. My WS2 is ethernet connected to my Gilbarco Point of Sale system, and Credit Card processing happens thought the Gilbarco "EDH".

1) My WS2 asks customers for their zip-code for a credit card transactions. Is there anyway to disable this? It can become troublesome for those who forget it and block-up the line.

2) We get customers who will insert a few dollars into the WS2, and then drive away. I know, its crazy. The issue with that is that now the WS2 is requesting the remainder of the funds for a wash. So the upcoming customers are unable to put in their codes, and I literally have to either insert the remainder of the funds for a wash, or reboot the entire pay station. Is there a way around this? A way to clear or reset the pay station from the PS4000 inside the store so the line doesn't get backed up?

Thanks in advance.

jenward

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

Have had a few Wash Select 2 issues and was hoping to get some advise. I have an In-bay automatic at a Gasoline station. My WS2 is ethernet connected to my Gilbarco Point of Sale system, and Credit Card processing happens thought the Gilbarco "EDH".

1) My WS2 asks customers for their zip-code for a credit card transactions. Is there anyway to disable this? It can become troublesome for those who forget it and block-up the line.

2) We get customers who will insert a few dollars into the WS2, and then drive away. I know, its crazy. The issue with that is that now the WS2 is requesting the remainder of the funds for a wash. So the upcoming customers are unable to put in their codes, and I literally have to either insert the remainder of the funds for a wash, or reboot the entire pay station. Is there a way around this? A way to clear or reset the pay station from the PS4000 inside the store so the line doesn't get backed up?

Thanks in advance.
Good morning,
I'll do my best to answer:
1) Customer prompts (including zip codes) are typically controlled and mandated by the MOC/Processor and are enabled in areas with higher fraud rates. The logic being that if the customer doesn't know their zip code, the card is likely fraudulent. We'd advise you to contact whoever is processing your sales to determine if zip code prompting can be disabled. Note that this may also disable at the pumps.
2) No, there is not a way to clear or reset the pay station from the POS4000 inside the store. If you set the WSII to "change anytime" mode, then you or your customer could get a refund at any point during the purchase process. So they could get a refund if they realize they don't have enough money, or you could cash out the transaction instead of having to add more money to complete the sale. Note that if they drive off, the next customer could also cash out that money...and it essentially makes the unit function as a change machine. Many site owners aren't interested in having their unit function that way.
If you have additional questions, please schedule an appointment with our Tech Support Dept. and they will be happy to assist you.
Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec