What's new

wash select 2 question

washman9

Reaction score
We have two ws 2's processing our credit card via high speed internet. Do our machines come with capability of processing via both phone line and / or high speed internet or does this require a separate processing board if we wanted to switch over to phone line processing?

Thanks for your help

bigleo48

Reaction score
You cannot do both. What is required to go back to a modem how yours are set up (there are two ways Unitec accomplishes this).

Why do you want this ability, for backup if the High Speed goes down? If so I have a better solution for that.

washman9

Reaction score
we run another business adjacent to our wash that we process cc at via phone line with tremendously lower fees. we could combine cc processing with both of our businesses.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
If your WSII has dial up capability you will see the modem mounted inside the cabinet on the left, above the the bill validator.

bigleo48

Reaction score
The solution for a dialup backup is a router that has this capability (Netgear makes one).

So the router constantly pings your service providers DNS server. When it loses contact with it, it will dialup your internet provider and use dialup. Since CC clearing is but a few bytes, the customers won't see a difference. When high speed service returns, the router reroutes via that service and drops the phone connection.

So $200 solution and more robust.

washman9

Reaction score
Bigleo48, I am looking at this as my primary so as to eliminate my high speed internet bill. will the device you suggest still work and if so would you have a model number or link to such device. Thanks for your suggestion.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I wouln't do that...but here's what I'm NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS338

bigleo48

Reaction score
I wouln't do that...but here's what I'm NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS338
Where I live, there are a number of high speed options that are cheaper than a phoneline. There's DSL, CableTV, two fixed wireless companies and then the 4 cellular companies that can provide basic LTE speed service for $30/mth. Business phone lines here are $56 and up.

Reaction score
We are wanting to do the opposite. We have dial-up right now, and want to convert to ethernet. Are CC processing costs that much higher using network interface vice phone line?