What's new

Wash Select 2 bill validator

HCW

Reaction score
The bill acceptor in the WS 2 started acting up recently, it'll take the cash and won't give credit it is happening on the $5 and $10 bills. A customer today selected the $9 wash, WS2 displayed the add $9, he added a $10 bill and the WS2 kept displaying add $9, so no credit for the $10 the customer inserted, the customer then added $5 bill and four $1 bills and got his wash. In the last month I had 5 customer describing the same problem. Any ideas? Does it sound like a validator?

Randy

Reaction score
What kind validator is it? When was the last time it was updated or rebuilt?
Check all the connections on wiring to and from the validator for loose wire.

BBE

Reaction score
I used to have that problem every once in a great while with mag 50 validators in our wash select II's. We replaced them with vantage validators, and haven't had it happen since.

HCW

Reaction score
I used to have that problem every once in a great while with mag 50 validators in our wash select II's. We replaced them with vantage validators, and haven't had it happen since.
I checked it today and it's a coinco mag pro, it was serviced in 08. I guess my question is what should I buy that will fit in its place without any modifications? Need a $1 $5 $10 only
Thanks again

waterway

Reaction score
I checked it today and it's a coinco mag pro, it was serviced in 08. I guess my question is what should I buy that will fit in its place without any modifications? Need a $1 $5 $10 only
Thanks again
Call Jim over at etowah valley. I Talked to him about problems i was having with my mag pro at the show. He set me up with a Chico vantage I believe which had the connectors that are needed for a united wash select 2. It's a lot better of a validator then the mag pro in my opinion.

BBE

Reaction score
Thanks again
Like waterway said, the coinco vantage is a great validator. I would recommend Jim over at etowah valley as well, however since you already have a coinco validator, you should call up coinco and ask them about their vantage swap program. They will take ANY old coinco validator on a trade in and give you a very hefty discount towards a brand new vantage validator. Definitely the most reliable validator that I have seen in action. We have 4 of them at our wash now, and only one has ever had to be sent in for service. They are rock solid. Tell them that you are putting it in a wash select II so that they can be sure to get you the correct model (has to be 24v) and the correct harness as well.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Get a MARS and call it a day. MEI series 2000 I run them in everything at my sight for years and several operators in my area believe in them hard like i do, I do not know any carwash with coinco in my area only candy/Drink machines are they right ?

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
The bill acceptor in the WS 2 started acting up recently, it'll take the cash and won't give credit it is happening on the $5 and $10 bills. A customer today selected the $9 wash, WS2 displayed the add $9, he added a $10 bill and the WS2 kept displaying add $9, so no credit for the $10 the customer inserted, the customer then added $5 bill and four $1 bills and got his wash. In the last month I had 5 customer describing the same problem. Any ideas? Does it sound like a validator?
Mine had the same problem several months ago. Check to see if it only happens when change is dispensed. If so it's probably a short in hopper, wiring harness or (in my case motherboard). I put a sign on saying exact change only until I finally found issue after replacing half of my wsII. :(

HCW

Reaction score
Just received the vantage in the mail from Jim at etowah, he was very helpfull. We also purchased the coupons from them and I was wondering how big of a deal is it to get them programmed in our ws2 without having to call unitec:mad:
Again thanks for referring Jim

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Just received the vantage in the mail from Jim at etowah, he was very helpfull. We also purchased the coupons from them and I was wondering how big of a deal is it to get them programmed in our ws2 without having to call unitec:mad:
Again thanks for referring Jim
Should be easy. Call Jim and ask him which coupons you have a,b, or c. Then toggle switch on CPU inside cabinet and scroll through to VIP coupons and turn on the coupon he tells you. Then you can set the amount of credit or just have it activate a wash cycle of your choice. Good luck