What's new

Wash purchase at 3rd party Pumps

br549ms

Reaction score
Anybody selling washes at 3rd party service stations. if so how are or did you do it, technically? I have one next door and several around me.

mac

Reaction score
If you have a United entry system it’s relatively easy. They have a wireless system that uses encoded encryption. Call them for a distributor.

mac

Reaction score
BTW, like your Junior Samples name.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Anybody selling washes at 3rd party service stations. if so how are or did you do it, technically? I have one next door and several around me.
The technical part is easy because it can simply be bought with money, most likely your money.

Difficult part will be developing mutually beneficial deal with station operator and generating a gas wash rate sufficient enough to make the venture worthwhile in long run.

The greater the distance between pumps and wash, the lower the attraction rate.

If the gas discount with full-price purchase of wash at pumps isn’t $0.20 a gallon or so, don’t count on a high take rate.

Also needed are accident prevention and safety plan, incident reports and SOP to settle customer disputes.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I give .10 off to the C-Store across the street. Hasn't gone real well, but do make $200/mo. Not worth it here, but will be a benefit for the guy who buys this wash.

wash12

Reaction score
Who gets the money for the wash? Does the gas station cut you a check by how many washes sold or how does this work being its ran through their pumps? I am looking into doing this and not sure how this would work.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
There are 2 basic options.

#1. Gas station sells washes and customer tenders a receipt at the wash. Periodically the wash provides receipts to Gas station with an invoice. Did this successfully for a while until the Gas Station changed ownership and somehow the new owner felt that it did not make financial sense for them even though they had a 20%non redemption rate. They can also make money for instance if their cost is only 80% of what they sell it for. They can also use it as an incentive to buy gas.
#2. You sell them wash tickets they pay for in advance but they cannot really use this as part of a "Pay At The Pump" strategy. Again, their cost is less than what they pay you and they can use it as an incentive to buy gas.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We setup a Partnership Agreement 17 yrs ago with the BP station next door to us, it was setup so that every 2 weeks the Station manager/owner would run a bi-weekly report then they would get 10% of the sales in that time period and direct deposit us the remaining amount. We had reports on both sides to make sure no errors in car counts.

wash12

Reaction score
So my understanding is that the only way to run a wash through 3rd party pumps is they would receive the money for the wash and would then need to pay you out of what they received? There currently is not a way to split the transaction to where the gas purchase funds goes to the gas station owner and the car wash funds to go to the car wash owner at the time of the sale?

Etowah