What's new

Wash gear Vs. Wash Card

washregal

Reaction score
Ok - I am thinking of taking the leap into the CC world for my wash Bays. I currently run all cash - Token vend, Dollars, and Change.

I am looking at wash gear and wash card as solutions - If there are other systems I should entertain, please let me know.

I would need the system for (2) locations - currently (13) ss bays and (1) auto cashier.

A few questions:

On the systems.

1. Has it helped maintain or improve your customer base?

2. Have you seen an increase in business, if so by what Pct.?

3. Has it free'd up any more time for you as an operator?

4. Would you do it again if you had it to do all over.

trying to weigh out the cost's of diving into this.. Any suggestions / Solutions would be great. I don't mind paying the price so long as it makes my life less complicated and gives the customer a better experience - Conveniance.

boywonder

Reaction score
Washcard hands down!! I was at your point about 2 years ago. Ive had Washcard for close to 20 years. When I was going to add cc to my bays I looked at all availble systems. I told myself not to be tied down with the Washcard system. It turns out that I went with the Washcard system, and I haven't doubted it one bit. The marketing ideas are almost endless. Im not necessarily going to answer the question cause their all relevent to how you work the system.

washme1

Reaction score
I do not have a SS cc system yet but have researched it. Be sure to compare all of the fees and support charges. I think you will find a substantial difference.

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
check out wash verify
i have had good luck with them for over one year

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you considered Etowah Valley's system? It's by far the least expensive.

We run the Hamilton D.A.N. - if it weren't for all the extra fees and the incredibly high cost of replacement readers I'd recommend it.

Rudy

Reaction score
I love my WashGear system. It paid for itself in less than 1 1/2 years, and my overall take is higher. They've been very, very good in support also....

HCCW

Reaction score
Depends on what you want the system to do. Washcards system has a lot more bells and whistles than Washgear. We have run Washcards for 10 years at one of our locations and they system has worked great. Dan was always there for us when we needed something. However, we installed credit card readers in all of our bays (3 car wash locations) 2 years ago and went with Washgear. I ONLY wanted a system that could accept credit/debit cards and custom wash cards. I decided to go with the KISS theory on this one. Washcard tried to do too much for my liking. I know that sounds funny, but I am leary of a machine that tries to do too much. This is just my opinion. Oh, and the support from Washgear has been great too.
FYI, after installing all the readers - saw a big improvement in sales at our High socioeconomic wash, moderate increase at mid-socioeconomic, and small increase at our low-socioeconomic location.
Not sure if that would hold true for everyone, but it sure has been intersting to see. Not what I expected. Maybe look at your demographics at your wash before making a big investment.

soapy

Reaction score
I agree with HCCW take on credit card readers. I use the older wash card systems at my washes that were pre credit card capable. Systems have been great and very reliable. I originally purchased the wash card system to offer annual passes and fleet cards. The big draw back was that each location had to be setup seperatly and did not use a common data base. Their newer system uses a common data base for fleet cards so that all location are tied together. The trouble is that you have to pay a fee each time a fleet card is used unlike the old system that let you do eveything in house. For me I would be paying thousands of dollars each year for this fleet fee.
Wash gear credit card system lets you setup fleet and gift cards per location and keep them in house with no fees for the use of those cards. I put in a wash gear system at one location about 3 months ago and have had no problems with it at all. This location is in a higher economic area and useage is 3 times the amount I get with other CC systems in SS bays at other locations. My fees are also about 1/2 of the other systems I use.

gohlman

Wash N Vac
Reaction score
Ease of use and install...not a lot of extras....does everything I want....Credit, Debt, Fleet and Gift Card....in house on my computer...no annual fee or weekly or monthly...I bill out each month my statements......great customer service and no problems after seven months and getting better each month...just signed up two new fleet accounts last week with 25 vehicles. Go with Wash Gear