What's new

Wash Card

peaches

Reaction score
I'm very interested in talking with anyone that has purchased the Wash Card System. I purchased their system back in October and have been having some issues. After struggling for several months, I think I prefer the help I can get from experienced operators verses the manufacturer.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
What kind of problems are you having? I have been with washcard for about 15 years and if I have any problems they can remote in and see what is going on. Bill 775-771-3637

SplishSplash

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
PM or email with any questions or problems that you may be having. I have to deal with Wash Card for some issues in the past and have had to work some of them out on my own...:(

DavidM

Reaction score
What type of issues are we talking about? I have been on the fence for awhile looking at Washcard along with a few other systems. I would be interested in hearing more about these experiences.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
...I have been on the fence for awhile looking at Washcard along with a few other systems. I would be interested in hearing more about these experiences.
I have had Wash Gear installed at one of my washes for a year now, and the other wash I bought last summer has had it installed for the last 5+yrs. I do like their system and any technical issues, which have been nearly 0, have been handled very well by Jennifer at Wash Gear. Let me know if you want to chat about their system.

peaches

Reaction score
After spending so much money on the Wash Card system, I don't think it would be feasible for me to try another system. I wish I had known more about this equipment before jumping in. I certainly didn't do my homework. Apparently, every problem that I have had no one else out there has experienced, or so I have been told by the people at Wash Card. I was already accepting credit cards in my automatic so no problem there until I moved to the Wash Card Equipment. I also sell tokens, which I am told is old school but I like selling tokens and it has been a good business for me. After about seven months of dealing with this, I have decided to stop trying to balance my Wash Card reports with my bank statements and accept the money that is deposited into my account!

Bill Manke

Reaction score
If your interested in getting rid of it let me know. How many bays, vacs, and IBA does your system run? Thanks Bill 775-771-3637

easywash

Reaction score
Washcard

Has anyone with washcard controllers in their Vacs ever had an issue with the controllers getting "Fried"?

I have 6 Vacs and 3 vending machines and I recently lost 4 Vacs and one vendor because as I am being told by washcard "Power got onto the network side of the controller and fried it". These units are 30 months old.

Washcard offered to sell me new controllers at half price (which I totally appreciate) but's it's still a $2500 kick to the wallet.

Just wondering if this might be a "known issue"?

Bill Manke

Reaction score
How are you getting voltage over to the network side? I have 15 vacs, 11bays, and 2 automatics. They have all had the new washcard for about 4 years and have not lost a single controller.( Knock on wood ). Are your wires shielded? What is the voltage coming into the controllers? Years ago I fried alot of Carwash equipment at a new wash that I built. It was from a loose connection on the common wires where they connect to the bar inside the breaker box. It would back feed 3 phase voltage across the wires at higher than normal. I came to my wash late one night and found a vac motor on fire luckily I happened to go inside the equipment room and saw an arc coming out of the breaker box. Tightened down the loose connection and problem solved. Lost vac motors, 2 hamilton acw controllers, 1 Hamilton bill validator, 1 Automatic computer controller, and a couple of lights. Good luck