What's new

Wash Card

stujoscarwash

Reaction score
I am currently using wash card they have tripled there fees to me starting sept. 1. Wanting to know if there is any other providers out there that would do me a good job. Don't mind a price increase but triple is a bit high. I do a lot of fleet business that was using my tokens but switched most of them over to wash card.

soapy

Reaction score
This is why I kept the old wash card classic system. Everything is kept in house and I pay no fees to anyone when they use my wash cards.

DavidM

Reaction score
Same situation here. I did the math and WashCard's new fee structure will triple my monthly fees. It is a big enough jump that I will be keeping my eyes open for other options. I like WashCard will probably stick with them but tripling fees in one shot is a little tough to take. I am pretty sure my customer's wouldn't let me get away with it.

David

soapy

Reaction score
I got a letter from a bank that I use to process credit cards for one IBA. I have been on their platform for years. They notified me that all CC card companies were raising their prices. I have always kept it PCI compliant but now there will be no fee for being out of PCI compliance, instead they will charge a extra $25 fee on all CC accounts each month.

Reaction score
Hello All - Amy Olson from WashCard Marketing here.

We fully understand your concern in this matter and want to express that we do not take this matter lightly. Our last fee change happened in December of 2010 and we have always been as transparent as we can about our fee structure. We have emailed all of our customers this change impacts. The biggest effect this will have is on those customers who have higher transactions per purchase, however most people are seeing an increase in $0.07 - $0.12 per transaction on average.

We've changed our rates from a flat fee per transaction to a percentage based fee similar to credit card processing. This change also includes a full warranty on our SMC to cover failures or upgrades which is a huge advantage to our customers and ensures the most uptime for their wash at no cost. We’re dedicated to providing the best complete solutions for you - hardware, software, and services. Furthermore, we’re committed to enhancing our existing offerings and developing new ones so that you have the tools you need to thrive in any market, in any economy.

If you have questions about this and would like to speak with someone about your fees going forward, please give us a call at 651-439-5740 or email us at sales@washcard.com

Our guiding principle is simple: WashCard is dedicated to help your wash gain more customers, earn more revenue, with less effort. No other program offers the long term reliability, experience driven expertise, and industry leading flexibility we have, nearly 30 years and counting!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
This is why I kept the old wash card classic system. Everything is kept in house and I pay no fees to anyone when they use my wash cards.
When you say "old system" what year approx. are you saying?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Fees tripled?

Any company that triples their fees on me overnight, I'm out. I'll be finding a new company. Thanks.

peaches

Reaction score
I am currently using wash card they have tripled there fees to me starting sept. 1. Wanting to know if there is any other providers out there that would do me a good job. Don't mind a price increase but triple is a bit high. I do a lot of fleet business that was using my tokens but switched most of them over to wash card.

We hate the fees Washcard charges and they can try to justify it all they want. As carwash owners, we deal with competition regularly. I think it’s time Washcard had some. We are waiting for that day.

wash works

Reaction score
I looked at last years numbers and applied the new fees to see what difference it would make... 350% increase!

I've been putting off making a change... now I know how to justify the cost of upgrading to another platform.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
They are pretty much the only company that is developing stuff for the self service market that I'm aware of. I've always been pretty satisfied with the level of support I've received when needed. With that said, I'm not ecstatic about the fees.

RAM

Reaction score
They are pretty much the only company that is developing stuff for the self service market that I'm aware of. I've always been pretty satisfied with the level of support I've received when needed. With that said, I'm not ecstatic about the fees.

What kind of features would like added to the self serve market? Most companies already offer some form of credit card or loyalty programs on top of the traditional cash or coin. Just curious.

wyatt

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about washcard. I have one location with Cryptopay and two with washcard (I bought the washes this way).

Cons of washcard:
-Fees are way too high
-Equipment doesn't last nearly as long as cryptopay or work as well as cryptopay (so far I've had 5 swipers go bad, two of them were repaired two were unrepairable and I haven't sent the last faulty one in yet) (never had a problem with a cryptopay swiper)
-Tech support doesn't answer the phone (but always gets back to me that day, its just when they call I'm rarely at the wash that was having issues, never had this issue with cryptopay answering)
-Equipment is way too expensive if you need replacements

Pros of washcard:
-The people are really nice and try to help as much as they possibly can

My current thought is to switch my washes to cryptopay. The way I see it is every month I pay that extra fee to washcard, that fee would have covered a new swiper from cryptopay.

Last edited:

DavidM

Reaction score
If you are only using WashCard to accept credit cards, it probably won't compare favorably to Cryptopay. The reason to choose WashCard is the fleet accounts, prepaid cards, online portal, fundraising options, etc. You can use Washcard to lock in loyalty and build a nice prepaid business where you get the money weeks or months in advance.
I'm not happy about the fee increase like everyone else but there isnt really anyone else that offers what they do. Plus I have found their equipment to be reliable and their support to be pretty good.

Reaction score
never got the email stating the rate increase ,it went to my junk mail so the billing that showed up first week of sept was quite a shock, quite dissapointed after a few emails back and forth that a simple question i asked about future rate increases in the future was passed on from three people until i got a short one line response. I agree with everyone else that the product and people you deal with at washcard are first rate, head and shoulders above all else in my opinion, but the response i have recieved in this one matter is very dissapointing to say the least . I will see in future interactions if this stays the same

JLanman

Reaction score
Stujoscarwash,

I am one of the owners of the Touch4Wash system. What solutions are you using from Wash Card? Our system has a ton of options, including some very cool fleet options. Let me know if you would like to learn more.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
This and the other Crypopay thread got my gears turning about what precisely I'm paying for my CC processing. I've never computed it and what I found this morning is startling. I'm using WashCard with USAePay and I'm looking at a roughly 18.3% fee of my gross? Could this be possible? Washcard is 1.3% but calculating the debit at the beginning of the month from the previous entire month from USAePay is giving me a 17.41% fee?!?!

Is this what other WashCard users are paying or have I colossally messed up? I believe USAePay was suggested from WashCard when I took over my site...

G Treasure

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about washcard. I have one location with Cryptopay and two with washcard (I bought the washes this way).

Cons of washcard:
-Fees are way too high
-Equipment doesn't last nearly as long as cryptopay or work as well as cryptopay (so far I've had 5 swipers go bad, two of them were repaired two were unrepairable and I haven't sent the last faulty one in yet) (never had a problem with a cryptopay swiper)
-Tech support doesn't answer the phone (but always gets back to me that day, its just when they call I'm rarely at the wash that was having issues, never had this issue with cryptopay answering)
-Equipment is way too expensive if you need replacements

Pros of washcard:
-The people are really nice and try to help as much as they possibly can

My current thought is to switch my washes to cryptopay. The way I see it is every month I pay that extra fee to washcard, that fee would have covered a new swiper from cryptopay.

Where do you send the swipers for repair we have the same issue?