What's new

Wash Card Problems

peaches

Reaction score
We are having problems with our Wash Card system AGAIN. This time, the system goes down during the heat of the day. We purchased two new Unitec pay stations and had the Wash Card system installed before they were delivered. Wash Card assumes the units are getting too hot during the day and we lose our ability to accept credit cards and wash cards but they don't seem to have a fix for this. It's costing us money and no one at Wash Card seems to be able to help. They keep doing an "upgrade" but the problem still exists. I'm sure we are the ONLY ones having this problem but just in case . . .

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Does the system come back up after the day has cooled off? If so, you need to devise a way to get the heated air that the components are making away from the pay station. Basically, create a ventilation system.

peaches

Reaction score
And how might that be done? It's not like you can cut a hole in the pay station. I just cannot understand why we are the only ones having this problem. This car wash had pay stations, not Unitec, prior to the rehab and accepted credit cards just fine. Another site we have, has a Unitec with the Washcard system retrofitted and no problems. It really helps business when you can't accept credit cards.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't know your setup exactly, so I'm not sure. The Goldline pay stations I used to have the previous owner had cut a hole in the bottom of it and bolted a fan (like you have on a power supply for a desktop computer) and powered it to draw air in from the outside. Worked well, never had any issues. However, I didn't use wash card, I had wash gear on it. Just thought I'd offer advice from a computer perspective, components just don't like heat.

peaches

Reaction score
I feel like this is Wash Cards problem. We have contaced Unitec, which thankfully has good support even on the weekend . . . not the same for Wash Card. Unitec also feels like its Wash Card's problem. We have installed a fan inside the unit but it hasn't made one bit of difference. I am so frustrated with this because, not being able to accept credit cards is costing us a lot of money!!!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We have 2 Multi Button WashCard boxes on our auto pay stations and just today the outside temp reading on the metal was 114 degrees and worked just fine. It my office that reaches 90 degrees at times I know our modem goes down due to the internal parts getting so hot which then it takes down our internet.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Which way do you have the fans blowing? Pushing air in or pulling it out? Should be pushing air into the unit. Not saying this will solve your problem, but if it is heat related it should help.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Who did you deal with at WashCard? I had some issues a while back, and Eli and Tim were absolutely wonderful in resolving the few issues I was experiencing.