What's new

Wash bay Minimal Time

washregal

Reaction score
I have a wash location that I am getting hammered at for sewer costs:

Currently min $$ to start the bay is at 2.00 for 4min.

I would like to change min $$ to 3.00 for 6 min.

No change in price, just a change in min time.

I have alot of people that just come in start the bay.. quick wash down and leave.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

is anyone raising prices?

Dubois Laundry/Carwash

2 bay SS (and laundromat)
Reaction score
I'm at $1.75 to start
5 minutes is $3

I raised it to this level a few months ago, concurrent with upgrading the coindrop and change machine to Dollar coins

but my water/sewer is probably lower than yours.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had been @ $2/5 min. for the last 5 years. Last week I dropped the time to 4 1/2 minutes. So far I don't think anyone has even noticed.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
What is your objective?

Regarding your desire to raise the startup price, what is your objective? Are you trying to chase away the quick-rinsers, or do you just want to get another buck out of them? I'm guessing that you are frustrated about cost increases and are looking for a solution which is easier on your customers, maybe by targeting the quick-rinsers? I'm thinking that you should just raise your startup price and reduce the seconds per quarter. I dont think raising your startup by itself will increase revenue much if at all, but it will annoy customers.

FYI, I raised my startup price from $2 to 2.50 a couple months ago, also reduced the time by a few seconds per quarter. Got more comments than usual, but did it anyway, and will do it again.

Anyway, my point is think about exactly what this change is intended to accomplish.

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
Sewer Rate Increase

Had you considered facing the sewer issue head-on by presenting the water utility that you may generate less sewer than they believe? A study was done years back showing water evaporation and carry out by vehilces. I believe Lamar Skarta (possible spelling error) of El Paso successfully lowered his sewer bill. It was in the self-service newsletter; see if you can find it.