What's new

Wash bay coin acceptors

Etowah

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is using, and your opinion on them.

I have always had the old style Multi-tron coin acceptors that came in the wash when I purchased 16 years ago. I have had very little issues with for year and years, until I finally needed to purchase a new acceptor. Purchased the new style Multi-tron coin acceptor, (blue) and have had very poor luck with it so far.

Thanks for the information, Jason

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I've had good luck with Sensotron and Slugbuster. I have not had a good run with IDX, and have actually been swapping them out when they go bad with old Sensotrons that I have lying around.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Jason & others,

I hope this helps.

Microcoin QL have worked out the best for us for several years ... when it comes to multi-coin ability. For single coin ... over 25 years of very close to zero ever issue ... Parker or Parker's patent holding of the single coin GinSan's before we tried IDX. IDX MA800s seemed to have trouble when in the extra in-bay moisture situation ... but are working great in our dog wash & vacuums so they did not go to waste.

If straight dollar coins are given out by an operator's bill changers rather than quarters ... then the single coin acceptors could then be the best fit for many. We will eventually be giving out between 80-100% dollar coins from our two 4 hopper Standard ChangeMakers hopefully within a few months. For simplicity, there are a number of successful laundromat owners who now have only single coin dollar coin acceptance with only dollar coins dispensed from their changers. A higher denomination coin only rather than quarters only is just adjusting properly for the reality of inflation. If it is up to the gravy train merchant fee credit card complicit crowd ... the dollar coins & potentially other higher denomination coins ... would be conveniently for them ... EVEN LESS AVAILABLE to the general USA public.

mike walsh ... a bit too occupied lately with revising of blog capable website www.kingkoin.com

pgrzes

Reaction score
Microcoin Ql's have seemed to be working out very good for us. We have a load of IDX MA800's, the old ones are good, but the 20 or so I have gotten over the last 2 years are absolute "JUNK" and IDX could care less about providing decent service to anyone that has spent the money on them! They know they are a problem but just take a ho hum attitude about them. Good Luck.

Reaction score
I run Slugbusters and Sensortrons. I only do quarters and they hold up pretty well. I give Slugbusters a slight edge. Keeping them clean helps longevity.

washnvac

Reaction score
Only Slugbuster II units since I been in the biz (1994) . They are priced reasonable new, and repairs/service from Parker Eng. is very reasonable and their customer service great. I accept quarters and my high security $1 tokens. These units have been extremely reliable over the years.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Slugbusters seem to be working well but the easy open doors open too easy and a piece of electrical tape now keeps them shut.

chaz

Reaction score
Slugbusters seem to be working well but the easy open doors open too easy and a piece of electrical tape now keeps them shut.

FYI. SlugbustersEZ are designed to allow a small (tiny) screw be inserted to keep them from opening too easily. If u use the version with the extension...you can borrow a screw from the extended portion.

I gotta add....I’m a huge fan of the reliability, ease of use, and service/tech support on these units ....even at 5 years plus ..... few issues, and very responsible repair costs on the only one I’ve ever sent in!

MEP001

Reaction score
FYI. SlugbustersEZ are designed to allow a small (tiny) screw be inserted to keep them from opening too easily. If u use the version with the extension...you can borrow a screw from the extended portion.
Which totally defeats the "EZ" part. I drill a 1/8" hole in the lock tap that sticks out and put a hitch pin through it.