What's new

Wash Arm Foam Protector

ibspuds

Reaction score
Anyone have a contact to purchase replacement wash arm foam protectors to protect car from accidental contact? I have a Ryko OHD 2001 and they want $200 for them, thats just crazy to spend that much on something as simple as that.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Anyone have a contact to purchase replacement wash arm foam protectors to protect car from accidental contact? I have a Ryko OHD 2001 and they want $200 for them, thats just crazy to spend that much on something as simple as that.
Let me talk with Ryko on Monday, I have yet to have a problem with mine but when I do there's no way in hell I'm paying $200 for it or it better come with a whole new set of nozzles for low and hi pressure.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
See that's the problem the arm protector for the laser is too small for the Ryko OHD it has 2 manifolds welded side by side so it's basically 2 laser arms side by side

bmills

Reaction score
Foam Protector

While I don't own a Ryko I do have a machine with an inverted L and foam protector. You might try a visit to Lowes or Home Depot and buy two pre-slit and sticky tape ready pipe insulators of appropriate diameter, and place each one over the respective tube and align them so that the seams mate with one another.

Of course you'll have to cut your own holes for the nozzles and probably for extra fastening you might use plastic zip ties. For less than $5.00 it might be worth a try.

Just like an automobile, could you imagine what it would cost to build one of these machines from the parts department?

Good Luck

MEP001

Reaction score
Try someplace that sells the vinyl-coated material for padding, such as to cover roll bars in a truck. I'm sure it's made in varying thicknesses, sizes and colors.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Try Washworld, Magic Wand and as a last resort your local aircontioner dealer for insulating pipe covering. Even Grainger.

ibspuds

Reaction score
Thank You to all that have replied!!!! Your help is much appreiciated, ordering Jegs roll bar padding today...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, I win!

seriously, take some pics for us, cause I need to do the same thing. I'll replace my boring black with blue or orange!

captain cw

Reaction score
I always buy a bunch of foam swimming noodles from wal-mart every summer. Get the ones with hollow center, split the side, drill the holes with a hole saw and use zip ties to hold it on. They cost $5 and you can get all kinds of cool colors. Looks great and is cheap.

ibspuds

Reaction score
I ran into a problem, swimming noodles and roll cage padding ID holes are typically less than 1 1/2" diameter. The Ryko OHD 2001 wash arm has two pipes welded side by side that roughly measure 2 1/4" diameter together. I researched all week and was finally able to find the Super Wacky Noodle, mfg./imported by Lifoam. These noodles have a 2 1/2" inside diameter which should allow for a good fit. I will keep you up to date on my outcome...