What's new

wanting to add credit card readers... suggestions?

csmith

Reaction score
I've got a 5 bay wash and have been looking into getting card readers for my bays. First question would be what does the community recommend as far as longevity, easy install, and reliability, next question is would i notice a major difference in my income with these and would i be worth the money spent... also what is everyone elses best investment in their self serve?

Thanks for the input in advance!!

Randy

Reaction score
Cryptopay is probably one of the least expensive and easiest to install http://www.getcryptopay.com/ they work best when you interface them with a Dixmor LED-5, LED-6 or LED-7 bay timer of the latest version

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll notice the biggest increase in income if you go with a count-up system in your bays, but it takes a lot of signage and some customer training or they'll forget to hit the stop button, then call and complain or leave a bad Yelp/Google review.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
About 5 years ago out Crypto in have the bays. Took me all of 2 months to get the other half done. I think it made a huge impact but have no way of knowing for sure if it simply switched people over or generated more income. My gut tells me it's the latter. Even if it just makes things easier it's worth it. I don't know of any other item that in an average month will generate revenue sufficient to cover 100% of the cost. (already had LED 7s) It would be as if your old vacuum was past looking good but generated enough income to pay for a new one in one month. For appearance and convenience alone it's an easy decision. Still thinking about doing some vacs. (They don't have LED 7s)

pgrzes

Reaction score
Another vote for Cryptopay. If you do count up you will have higher sales. Count up with bay blowers is a home run. Not only do people spend more with credit cards, you open the door to more people when you begin to accept them. Younger gen. just dont carry cash anymore. Yes you pay the costs for them, BUT you dont have to sort it, count it, carry it to bank or worry about it being stolen! Yes your cash counts will drop some, BUT not as much as your credit card income will rise. Its nice to go online every morning and see how much was deposited into the bank.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think it made a huge impact but have no way of knowing for sure if it simply switched people over or generated more income.
I think it's both based on actual counts I've done seeing customers spend about 30% more per car washed, and the many customers telling me that they pass two other washes because we take cards.

Still thinking about doing some vacs. (They don't have LED 7s)
I installed Cryptopay at a wash, did all bays and his two most-used vacs. We just did count-down on the vacs so they get $2 of time for a card swipe, button disabled since they're shampoo/vac and fragrance/vac. He's taking in about $50 per week on both vacs with cards, no drop in cash income. So worst case, he's already broken even on the Cryptopay install.