What's new

Want cold water

agent

Reaction score
For some reason my coleman ss 2500 is wired to spray hot water for spraying down, cleaning bays.
Has anyone changed theirs to spray cold water. I really see no need using expensive, hot water for this purpose....I would have called coleman but i dont want to be charged....thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
How is it activated for wash-down? Does it have a rotary switch or is it the keypad selector? If it's the type with a key switch in the door and the keypad, you'll need to add a small 24V DPDT relay, connect the input to the key switch and send the two outputs to the pump and the rinse solenoid.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
How is it activated for wash-down? Does it have a rotary switch or is it the keypad selector? If it's the type with a key switch in the door and the keypad, you'll need to add a small 24V DPDT relay, connect the input to the key switch and send the two outputs to the pump and the rinse solenoid.

Yep,that is the way Coleman does it......

ratfink102

Reaction score
In each bay the key switch is hooked to the motor starter (orange wire) which gives you hot water. You need to hook a wire to the rinse and motor starter at same time to get cold water. I think rinse is the yellow wire.

MEP001

Reaction score
ratfink102 said:
In each bay the key switch is hooked to the motor starter (orange wire) which gives you hot water. You need to hook a wire to the rinse and motor starter at same time to get cold water. I think rinse is the yellow wire.
You can't just hook a wire to both, or the rinse solenoid will always come on with the motor and there will be no high pressure soap. A relay must be used to isolate the two.

ratfink102

Reaction score
You can't just hook a wire to both, or the rinse solenoid will always come on with the motor and there will be no high pressure soap. A relay must be used to isolate the two.
You dont connect the wires together on the terminal you connect them on the switch side of the key wire.

MEP001

Reaction score
The keyswitch has a single output that runs straight to the motor contactor. Get a small DPDT relay (I use a small Omron relay from Mouser.com that costs only $4) and connect the lead from the switch to the relay at the coil and at both inputs. Connect one output to the contactor, the other to the rinse solenoid.

ratfink102

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys but I am kinda confused....
You dont need any relays or anything but a piece of wire. On one side of the key switch there will be a hot wire the other is not hot until you turn the key. Get a wire connect it to the side that is not hot until the key is turned and connect it to the rinse terminal. I have already done this it works.

MEP001

Reaction score
ratfink102 said:
You dont need any relays or anything but a piece of wire. On one side of the key switch there will be a hot wire the other is not hot until you turn the key. Get a wire connect it to the side that is not hot until the key is turned and connect it to the rinse terminal. I have already done this it works.
It doesn't matter whether you connect the wires at the terminal or at the key switch. When you connect the solenoid and motor starter together anywhere, they'll always energize together when the motor is called to run. If you claim you've done it and it works, you're lying. The two coils must be isolated from one another.

ratfink102

Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether you connect the wires at the terminal or at the key switch. When you connect the solenoid and motor starter together anywhere, they'll always energize together when the motor is called to run. If you claim you've done it and it works, you're lying. The two coils must be isolated from one another.
they are isolated the are hooked up on the switch leg side of the key. when you turn the key off they are no longer connected. One thing i did not mention is my key switches have one hot wire and two switch leg wires one for motor starter and one for rinse.Most key switches are like this

MEP001

Reaction score
ratfink102 said:
Most key switches are like this
None of the ones I've seen are like that. I apologize for saying you were lying - it sounded like you were saying to connect both wires to the same terminal on the switch. That does make all the difference in the world, and if agent's switches are the same, he'll also be able to connect a second wire from the key switch to the rinse solenoid.

ratfink102

Reaction score
None of the ones I've seen are like that. I apologize for saying you were lying - it sounded like you were saying to connect both wires to the same terminal on the switch. That does make all the difference in the world, and if agent's switches are the same, he'll also be able to connect a second wire from the key switch to the rinse solenoid.
Not a problem MEP001 I should have made myself more clear.