What's new

Walls and windows- Advice needed!

Wash2023

Reaction score
I'm looking for any advice or Suggestions on what to do to clean the windows and walls. We have an express wash and poor management/ lazy employees the tunnel did not get cleaned like it should have. Now there is alot of build up on walls and windows and polls. Mainly at end of the tunnel is where it is the worst. The picture of the windows you can tell the difference from where they used a razor blade to get the thick build up off but that was way to time consuming considering we have 4 huge windows. The picture of the wall you can tell where we spent hours with a non scratch pad but that also very time consuming and we have alot of wall panels. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!!!

Attachments

traveler17

Reaction score
Following, most recent wash was neglected, machine and signs have that film.

New Washdog

Reaction score
I had a wand bay that had windows that looked similar but not as bad as yours. I found CLR helpful (still left a film albeit lighter) on the windows but you need to be mindful about its contact with pvc and the like. What I found that worked the best was a 4" razor in a special scraper handle I found at my local hardware store.

Good luck, as it looks like your management and lazy employees are about to learn how neglect means harder work down the road!

Wash2023

Reaction score
I wish they would have to learn but non of them are employed here anymore 🙄

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
The dark gray wall panels - are those poly or metal?

I think you'll need to use an acid - one strong enough to do the job but not so strong that it will attack the surface. Some careful trials may be in order.

Lime A-Way
CLR
Invisible Shield Limescale and Stain Remover
Vinegar
Diluted Muriatic acid

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Contact Jason Huff at Quest Chemical at 800-346-1028. Ask them for a sample of their 'SAW' cleaner. Its some sort of safe acid wash wall cleaner, doesn't contain any HF etc. It works very well. You could try Lime Away also but that usually has some nasty in it (not from Quest).

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You've got quite a project ahead of you. I too would;d try Quest's Saw or as an alternate Arcadian chemical's C3 on the glass. It also works on everything but if more expensive than HF acid cleaners. Cleaners containing Hydrofluric acid (Quest's alumintae and Arcadians Nu-wall) will work on the walls and equipment but HF acid will haze glass and also must be handled by competent people that will take precautions. If you don't have a person you can trust with HF acid then just use the safe cleaners listed above. They're not cheap but much cheaper than having an employee lose a finger due to improper use of HF acid

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't have any advise but would like a follow up with what worked and with photos.

Wash2023

Reaction score
The dark gray wall panels - are those poly or metal?

I think you'll need to use an acid - one strong enough to do the job but not so strong that it will attack the surface. Some careful trials may be in order.

Lime A-Way
CLR
Invisible Shield Limescale and Stain Remover
Vinegar
Diluted Muriatic acid
The black walls are poly

soapy

Reaction score
I would start with low fume muratic acid diluted 2 or 3 to one with water. Apply it to surface and let dwell for a minute or two then scrub and rinse with a soft brush. It might take a few applications to get through the heavy build up. You can get the acid at Home depot or lowes. I have found this to be the cheapest way to clean walls etc.

Etowah