What's new

Wall Panel Experience

toddmullens

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has any pros or cons of the following wall panels: extrutech, octoform, or nuform? The nuform is 3/8” thick which seems like the thinner the panel the less likely a hole to be punched into the panel. Replacing old frp and vinyl siding ceiling. Any tips or suggestions on the installation?

soapy

Reaction score
Take a look at Polymax sold by farm tech. I have been very happy with it.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Take a look at Polymax sold by farm tech. I have been very happy with it.
Is it cheaper than the others? Polymer has exposed anchors, correct? Do you have any pictures of it installed in your bays? Did you install on the ceiling as well? Sorry for all the questions!

soapy

Reaction score
I used nylon rivets that are exposed and did not put it on ceiling. About the price of frp last time I checked.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
My whole wash is made from Extrutech. I didn't build the place so I can't tell you about building with it, but I will tell you it is EASY to maintain.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I believe the consensus on the forum and the carwash talk page is to NOT use a hollow core wall panel on self serve bay walls! Use a solid core product only. It is inevitable someone will put a hole in the wall at some point! I used a product called Trusscore on my ceilings and it was great to install. Easy to clean, but I will not put it on the walls. If I had to repair a panel I would have to remove everything from the finishing end to the damage. Polymax, FRP or paint for me on walls.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Ditto to what Pgrzes said. We put extrutech in the Self Serve bays at the last wash we built. Big mistake. Once the first hole was made....monkey see monkey do. Now we just have to live with it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have been hounding Extrutech to make a video for Car Wash owners showing us how to replace a damaged panel it's easy to say "a little cut cut here and a little trim trim there" but I want see this in action such as a step by step video tutorial. They also need to create a thin solid panel for automatic bays that have equipment installed that can be slid in behind with little equipment/conduit adjustment such as FRP but with the properties of Extrutech.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I should've added that all my Extrutech are the integrated concrete form type.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm fine with extrutech. I put it in in 2006 and I have a total of two small holes a couple inches in diameter. I'm in a good neighborhood and keep everything running though.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use Pebble Finish FRP in bays. Cuts down an any Graffiti Carving.

soapy

Reaction score
FRP is the least likely to allow "scratchers" to carve letters in. No problem in my area but in California they are a big problem.