What's new

Wall Mounted Water Storage Tanks

Kirb

Reaction score
I'm running out of room in my equipment room and wanted to add an IBA. Does anyone use or know where I could get a wall mounted storage tank for my RO and RO reject?
Thanks,
Kirb

mac

Reaction score
I've done this for several of my customers. What I did was construct a support for however many gallons I wanted to store. Used horizontal tanks and have done 1,000 gallons so far. Each building is somewhat different. In one case I put the tanks up in the crawlspace and right above a block structural wall, even saving the cost of a support. In most cases the cost of support was always under 1,000. Please understand that to do this comfortably you need to understand load tables for structural beams. It's not rocket science, but just requires a good math background. I'll see if I can find some pictures to post.post some pictures.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Here is one wash where I put them on top of the office. Both tanks total about 825 gallons

Another wash with them on the office. 1200 gallons total. 5 are tied together for RO water, the last one for reject.

Here another with three 750 gallon tanks out in the auto bay. 2 for product and 1 for reject and gantry supply.

Both offices and that auto bay were built with those tanks in mind. The offices are as strong as bank vaults. Well, maybe not that strong :D

I also have another wash where we built an elevated frame for them and built a workbench under the tanks.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I had a guy come in and build me a support rack. Its a 6" diameter steel pipe mounted horizontally between the walls, held up by two 3" diameter legs welded on. Now double it so there are 2 of them... then set the tanks on top of this frame. Very simple, very inexpensive.

I agree with mac, make sure whatever you do is rated to hold the weight.

Kirb

Reaction score
Thank you for all replies and the pics.
Thanks again,
Kirb