What's new

Wall mounted vacuum

soapy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a wall mounted vacuum? I don't really want to stick a round one down on the end of my building. A sleeker, flat design one would be perfect. I think most car washes have open wall on the end(s) that would be a good place for one. If we had a nice wall mount vacuum option we could also dispense air using the same timer as the vac. All you would need is a extra normally closed solenoid that could be fed off the same timer as the vac. Just run your existing air from the wash to the Vac. a $50 solenoid sounds better than $2000 air station that never seem to work. Even a round vac cut in half length wise with a back welded on to it would work and the vac companies would not have to retool anything.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I like that idea, and maybe one that dumps out the bottom so you could just slide a trash can right under it. I don't know of anyone that makes one though. Let's throw it to Jim Gosnell at the show. He'll have one by the next show.

chaz

Reaction score
I have a standard round vac on an island at the end of my building. It’s close enough to the building that I did run an airline with a solenoid. Using same timer and a toggle switch between vac and air. Air / Vac heavily used.Coat less than $50. After I was all proud of how I ran this, i remembered I had an extra conduit to the vac... would have been easier and a bit cheaper.

soapy

Reaction score
Jim would be a good choice for this idea. He is willing to listen to the folks in this industry.

soapy

Reaction score
Kleenrite suggested the small single motor vac than Je adams makes. They said it has more suction than a 2 motor but not quite as much as a 3 due to the smaller style canister. That does not make sense me to since you are sucking air through the same size hose you would not move the volume of air you could with a two or three motor vac. Plus the small vac is about the same price as a big one.

soapy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of about a half size vac with a coned bottom so it is easy to clean as pat said. Mount the coin box on the side facing out so it does not stick out so far. Trap door on the bottom for easy cleaning by just putting garbage can under it.

Last edited: