What's new

Wall covering for SS bays

Louey

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a wash that needs a face lift. The ceramic tile on the walls are old and in need of replacement.

I was wondering if there is a better wall covering that is more durable and easier to keep clean.

At this particular wash, the walls in the automatic bay are some kind of plastic. Do any of you have plastic wall covering in your SS bays? Can you provide me a link to what you are using.

Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
Is the tile damaged or falling off? It might just need to be cleaned.

Louey

Reaction score
Is the tile damaged or falling off? It might just need to be cleaned.
There are some missing tile and cracked tiles. It's extremely dirty. I'd pressure wash it first, just to see how well it cleans up. But I want to figure in the cost of re-tiling or something like IBwashing cars has.

I'll be putting in a new automatic, entry system, CC/bill acceptors, and repairing replacing anything that is out of order. New signage throughout. So I figure a nice facelift all over and a grand re-opening might be in order, to show off the new equipment.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you what it cost. It was part of an addition and rehab 8 years ago and was run through my partner's construction business. We have since parted ways.

StevePuck

Reaction score
There is a distributor in Lakeland who has a warehouse full of paneling for car wash use

Louey

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you what it cost. It was part of an addition and rehab 8 years ago and was run through my partner's construction business. We have since parted ways.

How does it look now after 8 years?

I am assuming that picture is from when it was new.

Does it clean up well.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It hasn't been cleaned and still looks decent. Being beige makes it a bit more forgiving. The red stripe is just vinyl, but it didn't hold up well. It has split at every joint and is peeling in a few places.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
It usually runs a little over 2 bucks per s f including trim moldings and hardware without installation. We have installed it in a few self serve bays and would recommend it except for the possibility of holes getting punched through the panels. Not sure why, but a couple of kids have thrown rocks that punched holes in the middle of a wall, and have a couple of holes from some inconsiderate customers that wanted to get ice off of a foam brush end and just hammered it on the wall leaving a couple of holes.

peterc

Reaction score
If you have tile over concrete, You can knock the old tile off and just re tile it. We did ours with large 16 inch floor tile we got from home depot on sale. It's rugged and it looks fine. the plastic stuff is nice when it's new but it gets beat up. It's also pricey. Good luck