What's new

Wait! I gotta take this call.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I can get a little chuckle out of this now, since it all came out well.

I happened upon an accident scene this morning on the parkway near my home. The car was upside-down at the bottom of the embankment. There was one person near the car and a car stopped in the emergency lane. I stopped to see if I could help. The person standing near the car was the driver of the stopped car. I asked if anyone was hurt and had they called 911. They had and he had already assessed that the driver wasn't hurt, but was still in the car. I knelt down and looked through the broken rear window to see the driver up in the front, and talking on the phone! I'm not saying the phone caused the accident, since the other driver witnessed her just lose it on the slick road. It's amazing how dependent we are on these devices, that by god come hell or high water, we're going to take/make that call.

I know that she probably called her loved ones to tell them what had happened, but I found it a bit comical that she did it before she was even vertical.

Other than an Infiniti that went to the beyond, all turned out well and she will have a story to tell her grandchildren.

MudMoney

Reaction score
This summer driving hyw 2 driving mail truck early morning just getting light and gaining on car doing the cell phone weave & head down.i/2 mile ahead I see 6 antelope out in field running towards road. The driver never saw them until she hit the last one ,no brake lites ,nothing. lots of hair in grill and her car was small that animal went over the top,spilling its guts.What a mess,car was driveable and she was from out of state and wanted to call the MHP.There is no cell service in that area,told her that a car wash was 6 miles away and call her insurance co instead as she might get a ticket for inattentive driving. She wanted to know what to do with the antelope,about died when I told her she could get a salvage permit and take it home to eat.The look on her face was priceless !

MEP001

Reaction score
She wanted to know what to do with the antelope,about died when I told her she could get a salvage permit and take it home to eat.The look on her face was priceless !
At least it was already tenderized.

soapy

Reaction score
Swamp donkey, maybe she had tasted antelope before. IMO antelope is the worst tasting wild game.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Soapy
Here in Montana we stalk our antelope as they are more relaxed.Now in Wyoming & Idaho those residents tend to run down their game with pick-ups while shooting .Thats where the term drive by shooting was born.Nice time soak your antelope meat in milk over nite.