What's new

Vote: My competition.....

I check out my competition by..... (you can select multiple answers)

• Doing a drive-by

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Using and testing out the car wash

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Checking the competition's online reviews

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Doing nothing - there is no competition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My competition isn't worth checking out

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

washnshine

Reaction score
Some fall in the category of #1,2 and 3. Some fall into the category of #5.

MEP001

Reaction score
My real competition are friends. I do test out other washes, sometimes read the online reviews of the worst ones.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Not worth my time. I'd rather invest it in my washes to make them top tier therefore the competition is worried about me not vice versa. At one location I put my competitor out of business he even came to my site and said I can't and don't have the energy to compete with you....his last ditch effort was $5 for 30 minutes in his self serve bays!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I drive by and test. On occasion I have checked reviews when I wanted to see if they had some of the same idiotic reviews I had. They did and usually worse.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am friendly with one of my competitors and the other one is a gas station who I don't know the owners.

I drive by both locations in the course of a normal business day and I do look around and see what's going on.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
How did that work out for him? Not at all, or did it prolong the inevitable?
I reopened my first wash (bank foreclosure I purchased) then about 2 months later he had a big banner across his mansard BEST DEAL IN TOWN $5 FOR 30 MINUTES!!!!

He lasted one year and honestly he probably could have closed 3 months earlier because the place looked abandoned. It was gutted then demoed and now I don't know what they are building on the site.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I don't even consider the 2 dirty, run-down car washes around me competition. I drive by both of them on the way to my car wash. It has become my guilty pleasure reading their 1 star reviews and reading what customers are complaining about. It validates my hard work and keeps me motivated to stay on top of cleaning, maintenance and customer service! 👍😀

Etowah