What's new

Vortex Vaccums

lb60605

Reaction score
I have an in-bay automatic car wash soft gloss and touch-free with 4 vortex vacuum center. How do I convert to free vacuums for my customers? Is there
a way to disconnect coin acceptance and replace it with a button to start vacuum without customers paying?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, I'd recommend replacing the timer with a timer or a time delay relay that doesn't accumulate time, otherwise you'll have people punching in a bunch of minutes and leaving it running. Then just add a pushbutton.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Not fmiliar with Brand but ran a free vac special where I just pulled the coin box nd added a sign "Insert quarters- retrieve below. " You could set timer t start with one quarter for whatever time you like.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
You should be able to just wire a momentary switch in place of the coin switch marked A7 on the schematics. Program the timer so it starts with one "quarter". Since the momentary switch is simulating a quarter pulse, one press should give you the time you have programmed in for each quarter. We didn't have a "free vac" option on a Vortex.

Attachments