What's new

Voltage on Ginsan Beeper horns

Keno

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing some Ginsan GS400 II to Dixmor LED 6 timers. Can't seem to find the voltage specs on the existing Ginsan Horns in my meter boxes. I'm trying to see if I need to order new horns. Looks like Dixmor outputs 12vdc to the horn. Anybody know the Ginsan horn specs before I order new horns?

Thanks

slash007

Reaction score
No need to switch anything, I just did the same conversion. Just connect the leads from the LED6 direct to the horns you have.

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks for that info.

I think I have all the wiring figured out, couple of questions you maybe able to help me with. Don't understand what #1 purple wire - 24 VAC counter pulse is supposed to be? I think it may not be applicable for me. The #5 GRN/WHT earth ground I was planning on connecting to metal meter box, does that sound correct?

MEP001

Reaction score
The purple wire is for a mechanical counter. You won't hook that to anything.

The "earth ground" doesn't connect to anything inside the timer. It's a waste of time to hook it to anything. It's probably just there because Coleman grounds everything.

Keno

Reaction score
The purple wire is for a mechanical counter. You won't hook that to anything.

The "earth ground" doesn't connect to anything inside the timer. It's a waste of time to hook it to anything. It's probably just there because Coleman grounds everything.
Thanks, plan on changing these out tomorrow, think I have everything figured out now with these last 2 wires.

Keno

Reaction score
Got these installed last week with some custom brackets so I wouldn't have to drill the doors. Wiring was easy with both wiring diagrams and the info from this thread. Thanks everyone for the help. Next step to install nayax in count up mode once all these breakdowns stop occurring

MEP001

Reaction score
I mount them with zip ties that have a mounting ring on the head and hang the horn on one of the studs for the coin acceptor, with the horn facing the coin slot.

Keno

Reaction score
I mount them with zip ties that have a mounting ring on the head and hang the horn on one of the studs for the coin acceptor, with the horn facing the coin slot.
Ah sorry for the confusion, I was talking about getting the led6 timers installed. The beepers I just left mounted the way they were and wired them into the led6.