What's new

Virus Warnings

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Trojan uses bogus YouTube link to infect your computer with a worm

If you get an email message that purports to be from a friend or family member in your address book and contains a YouTube link, beware. That's the tactic being used to spread a worm that can turn off your antivirus, firewall and anti- hijacking software. This is the same worm that has also been spread by email purporting to be from an electronic greeting card company, notifying you that you have an ecard from a friend. Read more about it here:
http://www.wxpnews.com/BYELA4/071030-Bogus-Links

I'm also getting emails just today, saying the there is a P&L or some other business doc, as an attachment. My Norton is removing it, so you can pretty well assume that it is a virus or Trojan.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU OPEN!!!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
New UPS package virus

You can be getting an email from UPS, saying that there is a package that they couldn't deliver, click on this attachment for the info. More than likely it is a virus.

I've seen today a US Customs email says the samething.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
New version of an old one

Kardphisher Trojan gets an update; don't be fooled by its new look

A Trojan horse known as Kardphisher has been around for well over a year. It emulates the Windows XP activation screen, leading you to believe that you must reactivate your copy of Windows. If you fall for it, you're asked to provide your credit card details - which, of course, go straight to the hacker/identity thief. The new version looks more authentic and makes it harder to close the window without submitting the credit card info. Even if you're too smart to be taken in, be sure and warn your less tech-savvy friends and relatives about this one.
http://www.wxpnews.com/BYELA4/081125-XP-Activation-Trojan