What's new

Viper Shine Tip

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
At 2 locations must have had a car jump the track and slice off all nozzles on the passenger side. I say must have because no incidents were reported. Customer must have managed to drive out.

At one location the unit was slightly damage during another incident. . I correctly guessed that only one anchor on each side was better because they failed when hit allowing the unit to move with little damage.

I have now created a rail with 2" pipe. I use 2 four foot sections joined in the middle with a T and an elbow at each end. from the elbows and T down are 3 Four inch nipples going to a stock pipe floor flange . This is being bolted at all three flanges to the floor.

We will see if it works or if the whole darn thing gets ripped out and smashed.

Chiefs

Reaction score
Earl,

I'd be a lot more concerned about why vehicles appear to be jumping.

Also, just as an aside, years ago when we had tire brushes, a coupleenterpising employeesfigured out that if they broke the CTA, the whitewalls came out bad and then they could "panhandle" the customer into their doing the whitewalls by hand and getting tip money. Howdo your employees handle customer complaints about their wheel not getting shined? Do they then apply it by hand? If so, the problem may not be cars jumping.

Bill

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
PICNIC My best guess with why vehicles are jumping is Problem in Car, Not In Car Wash.

I say this because the problem occurs less than one in 10,000 washes. Maybe even less than one in 20,000 washes.

We have so few complaints, like none, of the tires not being shined, I cannot offer any info on your thought except that it seems to be a non issue.