What's new

Vinyl roll up door lettering

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I installed vinyl rollup doors on my iba's. Some customers are driving away because they think the wash is closed. I've seen some operators that have letters on one of the clear sections stating "open" or "door opens automatically", etc. Will just standard vinyl graphics from a sign shop do the trick? Have any of you done this with your doors?

MEP001

Reaction score
Most sign shops can make vinyl lettering that will withstand the elements and sunlight to last 20 years or more. You may have to specify that you need something better than the basic vinyl, which is pretty thin.

There's no shortage of companies online where you can order custom lettering.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I did "DOOR OPENS AUTOMATICALLY" 7" letters in yellow on the top blue panel of my airlift extreme
And "OPEN 24 HOURS" in red on the top clear panel. 15" Letters.
The red on clear have held up really well but the yellow letters don't like the blue material of the door. its been a year and they are starting to peel off. Oh yeah people still drive off thinking its not open??? Drives me crazy!!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It's like what Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty said about people: "The porch light is on but there is nobody home!"

trentu

Reaction score
I just did regular vinyl letters from the local sign shop about 5 weeks ago and it is helping and the letters seem to be staying with no problems. Thanks

gearhead

Reaction score
My doors are only used in the winter and when I start using them I add a couple of sandwich boards at the entrances saying "all bays are open" for about a month. That's long enough for them to figure it out. Also have the vinyl letters on them. I actually have a few customers that wont go into the closed up bay because they are claustrophobic. If I'm there I just hold the doors up for them.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I do vinyl signs for my wash. Regular stuff should work fine. Even the thin stuff should last you 5 years or more.