What's new

Video

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
The guy who made the video is a moron. His responses to people who suggest he is rude by taking so long in the bay are priceless.

Chemical Guys1 month ago

These coin washes are "First Come First Serve". If I am their first and I have money in the machine, I am gonna spent all day there because I am a paying customer.

-Greg@CG

MEP001

Reaction score
The guy who made the video is a moron. His responses to people who suggest he is rude by taking so long in the bay are priceless.

He did say in a reply that "I asked the owner and he said it was perfectly fine as long as I was putting money in the machine." If all the bucket washers did that, I wouldn't care either. Income with no operating costs!

Did you notice the "No bucket washing" sign at the wash he was using? :D

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
As far as people following his suggestions... I think it is wishful thinking to think that the majority of them will keep the meter running while playing with the numerous buckets.

During the video, he also said to paraphrase a bit ... that if the vehicle is extra dirty, muddy, & grease involved ... the coin op car wash is thee place to go to avoid those times where a person would be faced with leaving a serious mess in their own driveway. That is where us car wash owners should have the authority to be able to make the perpetrator bear the cleanup costs of the more extreme messes without some kind of lengthy legal process.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Where are the "No Bucket Washing" signs?....I have them in each of my bays.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Wow that video was something. I never realized washing a car in a self serve could be so complicated!

MEP001

Reaction score
Wow that video was something. I never realized washing a car in a self serve could be so complicated!
He doesn't care about the wash owner, he's just selling his wares. I have to admit the bucket is kind of clever.

mmurra

Reaction score
What I liked about the presentation is that a young person is showing other young people how to use a SS carwash. What we need is that same presentation WITHOUT the buckets, using the equipment in a typical SS carwash. Can we get the guy to make one for us to use as a link to our website? I'd pay to have the presentation on my site! Mark

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What I liked about the presentation is that a young person is showing other young people how to use a SS carwash. What we need is that same presentation WITHOUT the buckets, using the equipment in a typical SS carwash. Can we get the guy to make one for us to use as a link to our website? I'd pay to have the presentation on my site! Mark
Maybe the ICA will do it. A split screen of the home washer getting the stuff out, doing the job, getting wet and dirty cleaning up after - some fish dying from the runoff, or stopping into a SS or tunnel and and getting the job done in a few minutes no muss no fuss!

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Maybe the ICA will do it.
No offense but... ROFLMAO

Did anybody else notice how many things were simply wrong in the video? Not to mention the comments? No way I'd hire that guy!!
I've considered doing such videos myself, I even started scripts & talked to a video guy a while back. Maybe I should bump the priority of that project... as soon as I finish the custom instructional signage I'm working on.

Twodose

Reaction score
Seems to me he is just exploiting the SS carwash to promote his own products, we sell time for space, if you are not feeding the meter than that is taking advantage of the owner of the wash, this guy should have to go through the expense of putting up a wash to have people like him take advantage of his investment.