What's new

Veterans

mac

Reaction score
Was reflecting on Veterans Day and how it’s changed. Today most all give universal respect to our vets. This is a good thing. When I got out of the Marines almost everyone called us baby killers. No one liked the war, much less the people who fought in it. Baby killers. Got over it though.

jack954

Reaction score
truely unfortunate mac!!! i thought about you guys when i came back from desert storm and the streets were lined up with people handing us coronas through the bus windows

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I remember the 4th of July parade the summer after Desert Storm. President Bush was actually in attendance here in Grand Rapids. It was a cool event but what will always stick with me is a group of Vietnam Vets marching in the parade and they got the loudest cheers of anyone. My mother bawled her eyes out. Her closest cousin was KIA 7 days after I was born. If you wanted to get her blood boiling just mention all the "peace protestors" who spit at her other cousin when he went to claim his brother's body.

mac

Reaction score
Was a different time. Unfortunately most of the protesters got their info from social media. BTW, nobody ever spit on me.

Etowah