What's new

Veteran's Day free washes

washnvac

Reaction score
What is everyone doing for the Grace for Vets washes this year since it falls on a Sunday? Are you going to do the Sunday, or the observed day on Monday?

Randy

Reaction score
We'll be giving away FREE car washes on Sunday Nov. 11th from 7:30am - 5:00pm. It's a great way to bond with my fellow Vets. Here's a link to some interesting Veteran Day happenings https://iveteransday.org/

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Sunday . All the Grace for Vets signs say 11/11 .

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Sunday. I dont care what day the government closes their offices, veterans day is the 11th.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Do you guys offer the free washes only to Vets or to everyone?
Pretty much anyone who comes in will get a FREE wash. We have a very large population of veterans, active duty and retired military is this area.

soapy

Reaction score
I have tried staffing my locations in the past but weather usually prevents much turnout. This year I am simply putting some wash tokens in a envelope good for a $10 wash. I put a envelope on each automatic and stock it with 5 tokens. I will be making the rounds several times a day on the 11th and the 12th to restock as needed. I am hoping for some honesty out of the public but won't be hurt if I get a couple of bad apples.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I have a speech that gets played on 3 radio stations today,thanking veterans for their service. I man my ss from 10 am to 4 pm to give out free car wash or tokens to be used later.Ad says if veteran is unable to wash his car or pick-up I will do it for them.It will be slow today as weather is snow. I get lots of positive feed back from community when I'm seen about town. I display my fathers medals from 3 wars in my office and others come in to share their history.Always a blessing to meet a veteran.

soapy

Reaction score
We did a few free vet washes but temps at 9 degrees this morning really slowed participation.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I washed all day, & only gave away 6. raining a litel & very cold....

madstack

Reaction score
110. Would have been 111 but one of the vets lost control of his car and pushed 2 cars thru all by himself, setting off the airbag. I won't soon forget that some of these guys don't get out much, let alone wash their car. Didn't bother him too much tho, he brought his other car in later.

br549ms

Reaction score
110. Would have been 111 but one of the vets lost control of his car and pushed 2 cars thru all by himself, setting off the airbag. I won't soon forget that some of these guys don't get out much, let alone wash their car. Didn't bother him too much tho, he brought his other car in later.
You probably gave him plenty of room the second time😀

We did about 40 sunday