What's new

VETERAN UNITE

mark.schroeder

Reaction score
Hello fellow Carwash forum friends,
Are there any fellow veterans on this forum or even if you like veterans that supported our country? I have a story for you. Send me a message of your name and with carwash forum vet and I will tell you a story about one of your fellow car wash friends that is more then likely part of this forum or know many of you in this forum. You will not want to miss this story. 9199090860 or email at mark.schroederun@gmail.com.

traveler17

Reaction score
Hello fellow Carwash forum friends,
Are there any fellow veterans on this forum or even if you like veterans that supported our country? I have a story for you. Send me a message of your name and with carwash forum vet and I will tell you a story about one of your fellow car wash friends that is more then likely part of this forum or know many of you in this forum. You will not want to miss this story. 9199090860 or email at mark.schroederun@gmail.com.
I try to stay away from anyone who says “you won’t want to miss this” or “you have to have it” 😬

mark.schroeder

Reaction score
Why can't you just post it here instead of trying to get people to call your "online general store?"
No actually that wasn’t my intention or I would have put the link to my store in the thread as well.

mark.schroeder

Reaction score
I apologize for the way I ended that. I honestly wasn’t trying to scam anyone or spam anyone, but I see now how that could have been depicted.

mark.schroeder

Reaction score
So here is the story. I put in an application with a carwash company as a technical manager. When I got to the interview, I found out that I would be managing myself because he had no other technicians. There is a long drawn out story, but I will not bore you but I will hit the high notes. The company that hired me said they are only concentrating on car washes on military posts. I said that was great as I am a retired veteran and I am all about helping the military. So he hired me on the spot and told me that I needed to back in Albemarle, NC by that Friday. It was Wednesday and I drove to Ft knox for the meeting. So I made it on time and the next week, I was disassembling a Carwash for him to put up in another military base. So he offered me a salary of 45 hours a week. So for the next 7 weeks those hours went right out the door. I was actually doing 60-70 hours a week, but I have always made the mission happen. He was putting me in hotels and I was paying for my own travels and food even though he told me I would be getting perdiem and mileage reimbursement. That didn’t happen and then I realized that heck. I haven’t been paid. This was 3 1/2 weeks after I started. So I asked, where is my pay. I am in week 4 and still have yet to be paid. I was told I would get paid Friday. So I said ok thinking Friday, I would have a fat check for 4 weeks. That didn’t happen. I was only paid for 2 weeks. So I brought it up and they said, no we hold your first 2 weeks of pay And we don’t pay you per diem and what not until it is sent to us in an expense report. I am like really, that was not disclosed to me when you guys hired me. So I sent them the reports. I took them 6 weeks to pay me for those expenses.
Fast forward 2 weeks later, I was informed that the owner had promoted one of his managers to the technician manager. I was like whoa, isn’t that what you hired me for? He said ya, but I need him to manage and you to keep troubleshooting and doing tech work. I told him that I didn’t agree to it, but what choice do I have at this point. So a month later we were changing out a conveyor chain and I was suffering heat cramps. I went to the hospital and they put me in the hospital overnight for observation. The next day I was going to take the day off, but he called and said I have an emergency at one of the other washes, so I drove roughly 500 miles to the other wash. I fixed it and went home. Well this happened for about another month. Then I was offered a job to run a maintenance shop making twice as what they were paying me. So I called my new manager and told him that I would be start working for him in 2 weeks and if they wanted I would still take care of his washes on the East Coast. He said ok and that he would talk to me about it later, but the boss said don’t worry about the 2 weeks go ahead and start the new job. Now I am not the type of person to leave my fellow workers stranded And that I would work for them for the 2 weeks. they said no and I was like ok. I had one of my own vehicles that I had driven to ft worth Texas to do some work on a wash and then I flew backhome to take care of some family stuff. I was told that I would get paid to get it and bring it back. So this past Friday I drove to Ft Worth Texas from NC thinking I would get paid my regular pay that Friday and I will use that to get back home. Then I would submit my expense report and be reimbursed. Well Friday night came and there was no pay. I will attach the screenshot of the conversation. But needless to say, I didn’t get paid and he had no intention of paying me. So that being said, again I am a retired veteran that he is screwing over and I just thought it was ironic that he was building his car washes on military posts. If you are wondering the car washes are Kwik Kar car washes on some military posts. Sorry about the long post, just thought you would like to know how one of your fellow car wash owners treated one of his technicians. Have a good day.

Attachments

mac

Reaction score
Welcome to car washing. There is no shortage of ignorant and incompetent people here. This site is probably the best place to check people out. Thank you for your service.
Mac
Sgt USMC