What's new

vent clip fresheners

washme1

Reaction score
Is anyone vending vent clip fresheners? How are they selling? Which ones have you tried? How much do you vend them for? Do they cannibalize Little Tree sales? Thanks.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I sell the "little trees vent clipp" 4 packs for $2 in my shurvend, just raised the price to $2.25 a few days ago.
I also have the "ventsations scented vent clips" 2 pack at $1.50, but last week I raised the price on these to $2.
Sometimes they sell well sometimes they dont, its up and down.
I'd have to calculate to know exactly but I'd have to say my little trees sales (5 column drop shelf) might down a little bit but I think not much if at all. But I quite like it when a customer buys a yankee candle at $3 instead of a little tree at $1 because my margin is higher.
IMO if you have the vending space (ie a shurvend or similar) I'd try a few, but if you have to give up a little trees slot I wouldnt do it.

BBE

Reaction score
Keep the profit margins on them just as good if not better than your little trees, and who cares if they cannibalize sales on them :)

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried the Ventsations for a while. The sales were poor compared to the Little Trees, plus the quality varied badly. Some were oil-staining the paper which the customers didn't like (They were concerned it would harm the plastic), some turned crystallized in the package, and some didn't seem to have any fragrance at all.

BBE

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what is everyone vending their little tree air fresheners for? $1. 00?

jprb

Reaction score
I've been selling the Refresh vent sticks in my Shurvend glass front vendors. I've tried most of the "flavors" and they have all sold well. I have two rows of little trees in the vendors also and can't tell that the vent sticks have hurt sales at all. I sell the vent sticks for $2 and the little trees for $1.

JPRB

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Little Trees, $1, sell really well, especially black ice.

Couldn't sell a Yankee candle plastic jar thingy to save my life. I'll drop the price on them. I'm only a little higher than a box store.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Little Trees, $1, sell really well, especially black ice.

Couldn't sell a Yankee candle plastic jar thingy to save my life. I'll drop the price on them. I'm only a little higher than a box store.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Black Ice sells best for me too. Price on Little Tree's is $1...