What's new

Vendmaster error

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My Vendmaster is giving me an error "accept gate error". It has a MEI series 4000 changer in it. The booklet that I have does not tell you what to do for this error. It will take bills but not coins. Anybody know what I should do? Unplugging doesn't work.Thanks

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
My Vendmaster is giving me an error "accept gate error". It has a MEI series 4000 changer in it. The booklet that I have does not tell you what to do for this error. It will take bills but not coins. Anybody know what I should do? Unplugging doesn't work.Thanks
You can contact RPD Vending directly. They are who made the Vendmaster for Dilling-Harris. Their website is
http://www.rpdvending.com/

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I guess it's more of a Mars error. I'll try to get somebody there.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I had luck with my max vend just unplugging everything and letting it sit. It has been at least a year or two and it still works fine?

I would also try swapping the coin acceptor before paying someone to come out! I also have 2 control boards I would sale for the vendmaster.

The vendmaster I messed with had a bad coin acceptor also? Along with a bad main board. Seems like the design is bad for outside? Only a sticker is saving the control board from death! :)

Dan I hate to second guess you but are you guessing who manufactured this vendor?
I was almost given a vendmaster and researched it for a long time and never came up with that vendor. Seems the vendor is super generic maybe?

UPDATE: Nevermind Dan I looked at my notes again and you are correct I just have another manufacturer also. They seem interchangeable. Sorry. :)

Last edited:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Jimmy,

The "accept gate error" belongs to the Mars changer. You need to have the changer serviced by a Mars service center or an independent changer repair company. The Mars 4000 is an MDB changer, so we know the VendMaster is an MDB machine.

Uncle Sam

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have an MEI CF7512 Changer in both my pop machines. One of them just got the same error message this week. The bill validator would take and credit bills but the 7512 coin exceptor rejected all coins. I didn't find anything in the coin path or sometimes the coin reject lever is the culpret. But this time, Turning power off and back on was the only thing I found to correct the problem. Cleaning the coin path didn't help.

I did a google search on the error and didn't come up with anything usefull..

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
The 4000 was in the vendor I had also. I didn't think they were worth fixing? Uncle Sam could answer better but I believe any mdb comparable coin changer can be used?

I am using a refurb unit that looks like this now in my max vend: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281084106624

Also Uncle Sam you need to make some sort of surevend replacement for the d/h products. I am guessing you would have to purchase boards form one of two vendors?