What's new

Vending Water

sparkey

Reaction score
Looking for some input on vending water. Is it profitable? What machine do you have and what do you like and not like about your vending machine?

WikiWash

Reaction score
Looking for some input on vending water. Is it profitable? What machine do you have and what do you like and not like about your vending machine?
I have a water vender and the ROI is not worth it. There are better areas to re-invest in your car wash. We thought it would bring more people in and to use other services such as car wash, pet wash, vacs, etc.. The people that are buying water at $0.25/gallon are too cheap to spend anymore money. I have never seen anyone use our water vendor and then buy other services. I am at the point to raise the price on it and if I have to replace any expensive parts on it I will keep it out of service.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
We installed a drinking water vending machine several years ago. We have developed a very loyal customer base who do exactly what we had hoped - they buy water and then wash the car. It is not uncommon for one spouse to be getting water while the other is washing the car. Just yesterday, a local cop was in and said that since he needed to get water and wash the car he came to our place even though he had to pass other car washes to get to us. I would do it again and am very happy with the results. It takes very little space and does draw people in who wouldn't otherwise know about us. We get good word of mouth advertising. I can't recommend the company we got our machine from as they seem to have vanished off the planet but the machine is very reliable and looks great.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sparkey,

Something to consider : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Distilled-Water-1-Gal/10315382

That link for me comes up as 88 cents a gallon jug here at our 3 area WalMart stores. Based on Wiki's answer it sounds like other competitors can be as low as 25 cents a gallon jug ... if that is correct ... the going prices in your locality is something to consider it seems.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

sparkey

Reaction score
Sparkey,

Something to consider : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Distilled-Water-1-Gal/10315382

That link for me comes up as 88 cents a gallon jug here at our 3 area WalMart stores. Based on Wiki's answer it sounds like other competitors can be as low as 25 cents a gallon jug ... if that is correct ... the going prices in your locality is something to consider it seems.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com
Heres the thing. My wash is in a small town with very few stores. No walmart, no grocery store, a few gas stations and drug stores that sell bottles of water. The towns water is also very hard well water so I believe there may be a market for good water. I think I could sell it for more than 25 cents a gallon.

Walter White

Reaction score
Yes the convenience factor is a bonus...I only do about 300.00 a month but I have the space and so far hassle free just the filters 6-9 months