What's new

Vending Snacks & Carwash Stuff

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The vendor I'm looking at is refrigerated and I plan to vend some drinks; fruity sodas, beers and a few select wine coolers. :DJust kidding; no alcohol.:p

I saw an interesting article in Fitness Magazine about the top 10 healthy vending machine snacks. Some were: David Sunflower seeds, Welch's fruit snacks, peanut M&m's, a trail mix, etc.

Here's my question: What are the chances that the snacks would taste like Black Ice or New Car Scent when inside the machine with the many carwash items that are available?

Thanks!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Usually, they are "sealed" so that shouldn't be a problem.

Go to the store and get some of them, put them in a bag for a few days and see.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I vended snacks for a few years and finally gave it up. What I didn't eat myself seemed to evaporate out of the eq. room. They didn't sell enough to warrant the extra effort to fool with them, YMMV.

I also made sure that the edibles were above anything that could leak.

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you really want your customers buying sunflower seeds and spitting the shells all over the place? Just a thought.

Drinks might be a good idea, but snacks I don't see as a profit center. Have you considered a full soda machine in your detail shop or in front in view of the wash? The machines are supplied "free" (You have to buy sodas from Coke or Pepsi or whomever supplies the machine and they are expensive).

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
had a deal w/Leader Beverage; never made much $ and machine was consistently down.

i maybe made enough for electricity.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had one from Coca-Cola - the machine always worked and never got broken into, and it made maybe $50 a month before electric usage. I only wanted it so thirsty customers on a hot day wouldn't need to leave to get a drink.

washme1

Reaction score
I've had a refrigerated glass front vendor for a couple of years. I have four columns dedicated to candy. I sell about 5 units per week. Not worth the trouble. I just keep the items in there because I don't need the rows for anything else.

washme1

Reaction score
I didn't mention drinks because I don't think the customer finds my drinks even with a sign listing item groups (car care, candy, cold drinks) on the front of the building between the automatic and the vending machine tucked around the corner next to the change machines. - the only spot I had available. That said, I probably only sell a can a day. The candy items are eye level.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Waxman,

I did the Pepsi free machine thing and never made much money, customers complained about the cost (Pepsi would charge me $1/drink) and I would charge $2). They were also a pain to deal with.

Finally got my own machine. Paid $600 delivered, fill it with 8 different selections of cans all for $1 each (get drinks on sale at Wal-Mart). Do about $200 a month in the summer, less in the winter.

Every bit helps! Big