What's new

Vending product sugestions

gearhead

Reaction score
Just purchased my first vending machine from Jim @ ShurVend. 51 selection, non refer. Looking for suggestions. In older posts I see little trees (new car, black ice, vanilla) Armor All dash wipes, wet towels, glass cleaner. Anything other than these obvious items that do well for you? I have lots of space to fill.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Towels, Just for leather, Black Jack, Air Fresh - Cherry, Pine, Lemon, Pina Colada, Bug & Tar Remover Wipes

slash007

Reaction score
Don't buy too many of any new product at first. That way you can see if it sells. I made that mistake with Black Jack and Bug and Tar Remover and they barely sell. I'm lucky if I sell 1 of them a week. I also had bad luck with Rain Vision and Never Fog and also Brillo Pads. So best advice is to buy a few of each and see what your customers end up liking.

BBE

Reaction score
Seems like when we bought our big vending machine 7 or 8 years ago, we got a vending machine starter/sampler pack from kleenrite. Had all the number 1 and top selling vending products, from this you can see what sells, and what doesn't at your wash.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Don't buy too many of any new product at first. That way you can see if it sells.
+1. Sometimes it takes 6-12 months to find out though, dont be too quick to yank something. I've also found that some items are very seasonal.
I put a "clearance" column in, priced at $1, its a good way to move the stuff that doesnt sell.

Etowah

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
As many of the Little Tree scents that you can vend, Ozium (vend for $3), Refresh Your Car single vent sticks, Armorall Cleaning and Origina and 4 oz. pump, Blue lint free towels, microfiber towels(slow but nice to have for an upgrade), Wet Towels,Sprayway Glass cleaner, Blue Magic Glass cleaner.

Kevin James

Reaction score
It’s too bad you didn’t buy the refrigerated vending machine. We sell more Pop, Water, Candy, and snack stuff out of our vending machines than car wash related items. Vending 51 car wash items is way too many for the average car wash.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Our biggest seller besides towels and Armor All is Moonshine Air fresheners. There is several different scents and the Zombie Juice and the one with the US flag does best. Cant keep them in stock. We also sell the wrapped terry towels a lot. We tried some little bags of chips from Sams and they do well.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
It’s too bad you didn’t buy the refrigerated vending machine. We sell more Pop, Water, Candy, and snack stuff out of our vending machines than car wash related items. Vending 51 car wash items is way too many for the average car wash.
My experience was exactly the opposite, I didnt sell enough soda/water to cover the electricity to keep it cold. I unplugged the compressor and removed the beverages.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Micro fiber towels, I buy them from Sams Club and roll them up and sell for $2. Best seller.

cdreed06

Reaction score
We have a soda machine right next to our glass front vendor and it does very well. But we are priced low and have several multi-family places right behind us. Previously we had a soda machine in front by our equipment room door and sold the machine because it never really did good. Placement in our case made the difference.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wet towel and moistwipe; both have shiny pkging. also sexi and hot buns air freshners, quik dry glass cleaner pump bottle with rag included. we sell puerto rican and american flag.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
My experience was exactly the opposite, I didnt sell enough soda/water to cover the electricity to keep it cold. I unplugged the compressor and removed the beverages.
We had the same experience. Plus we would get soda, etc. that would freeze up in the winter and bust in the machine...a sticky mess.

Greg

Reaction score
Try a couple items that will dirty things up, ie; cheerios, crackers, pretzels, etc. for the kids.
Bonus if you charge for vacuums.

Greg Thoennes
Arimitsu Pumps
Sales & Tech Support

HCW

Reaction score
#1 seller Little trees black ice
#2 seller blue giant towels
#3 seller armor all
#4 seller windshield towels
Depending on your crowd

Bob C.

Reaction score
Yellow micro fiber towels from Cosco we sell them for $1.75 fold and put in a sandwich zip lock bag, also do the same with the white terry towels, my wife can't fold them fast enough!! also armor all tire foam 4oz cans

MEP001

Reaction score
Check uline.com for bags - certain common sizes are a lot cheaper than sandwich bags, and 2-mil non-zipper are even cheaper.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I sell the micro fiber towel from sams club. I just roll them up tightly. I alternate colors yellow, orange. Amazing people will buy 2 to get color they like!! I sell for $2. Black Ice by far best seller. Amour All cleaning sponge is also a great seller.

gearhead

Reaction score
X2 on the Costco MF towels. Sell really well @ $2.25. Sell very few of the Magna Shine towels @$2.00 now. Way better margin on the Costco's :)

Etowah