What's new

Vending Machines

gearhead

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a used Shur Vend 39 and was hoping someone could share some feedback on their experience with this unit. I have heard all good things about Shur Vend but nothing to speak of on the 39 itself. Thanks!

mjc3333

Reaction score
We have three 39 inch wide AMS vendors that have served us well for the past 15 years. AMS and or Shur Vend would be good solid choices even though I cannot comment on Shur Vend as I do not have their machines.

washnvac

Reaction score
Go to vendweb.com.

I have bought four refurbished machines from them for around $2300 each delivered. These look absolutely brand new, and all have the iVend sensing eyes for guaranteed delivery of product. They are like the old freestanding Fawn vendors, but upgraded with new parts.

Just an FYI.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a used visi-combo from uncle sam.

my main gripe is that the keypad is not back-lit, so it's near-impossible to make a selection after dark.

given the popularity of this machine i am stunned that this simple idea was not added to the design.

other than that there are some coin jam issues, but they are easily cleared and the machine is very good, imo.

gearhead

Reaction score
Visi combo

[there are some coin jam issues, but they are easily cleared and the machine is very good, imo.[/QUOTE]

Waxman,

Do you think a coin validator upgrade would take care of that issue?

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Lighted keypad

Wax,

There is a lighted keypad that is coming with all new AMS vending machines very soon. It is only numeric and retrofitting it into your existing alpha-numeric vendor will take some work (and money). I have done it once with the existing numeric keypad, so it just takes some thinking and a few changes on the vendor. Put this on your "to do" list for later on this year and remind me to figure out how to do it then.

Uncle Sam :)

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Waxman I have a light above my Shurvend vending machine at my express wash and it amazes me how many people stop by at night and buy something.
Easy fix for your problem and it doesn't cost to much, plus added security.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I guess so. I see on the video people using it at night.
With my eye sight I have a hard time seeing it during the day.