What's new

Vending machine broken into...... already......

Bigsambo

Reaction score
just got my ams outsider about 2 months ago, it got broken into last night smashed the hell out of the bill validator and got the cash. Probably all of 5 bucks it was emptied that day late probably 5pm. I'm thinking I'm gonna just replace the validator with a nayax or USA technologies and just do cards and change. Any thoughts on that? Anyone know of any better card readers? How easy is the install? Hoping i don't need to replace whole front bezel. Anyone want a coinco vantage acceptor for parts? Some things weren't totally destroyed.... sad day. Oh yea of course someone had to try and drill out a medeco plug lock on the safes night before. Likely same clowns.

Last edited:

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I had my bill acceptor destroyed on my glass front vendor a few years ago. The coin acceptor was not touched and worked fine with quarters, nickels, dimes and $1 tokens. Since the vendor is only a few feet from the changers, I was in no hurry to replace the broken validator. I didn't even have to put up a sign...my customers figured out they had to break bills and use the tokens. I just covered the hole with a plate and never did replace the validator.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Do you accept credit cards? That's exactly what I'm gonna do I'm thinking. Because mine as well is right beside the change machines. I think I'll replace the hole with a nayax reader thou and see how that does.