What's new

Vending Items

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
With my new vendor I will be able to double the amount of products I currently vend.

Here's what I have:

blue towel
simoniz glass cleaner
armor all protectant
bug/tar remover wipes
armor all protectant pads
armor all tire foam
moistwipes
wet towel
little trees.

Are there any other products that sell really well? I thought I had most of the bases covered, but I know I will need to vend some microfiber towels.

Anything else?

dclark3344

Reaction score
I never had much luck with the bug and tar remover. I use WD40 for tar remover and my presoak for bug remover.
I would add the Black Jack, Microfiber towels and terry towels (purchased from Sams Club). Leather wipes, RainX both glass treatment and anti fog (depends on your climate), glass cleaner with towel, Spray Armor All, and Little trees Black Ice, NuCar, cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, vanilla, strawberry, and others if you have room.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
My most vended items are

Blue Towel
White Towel
Armorall protectant
Armorall cleaner
Blue surgical towel
White terry
Microfiber towel
Blackjack protectant
Fresheners in order of sales
1. Black Ice
2. New Car
3. Ocean mist
4. Vanilla
5. Cherry
one row i alternate coconut, orange, Pine,
(Strawberry) has turned into a poor seller for me
Quick dry towel and glass cleaner,wet towel all good sellers
Rainx and leather cleaner - mediocre sales
Armorall tire spray
Cherry spray
New car spray- Quick Dry
Car wash Tokens-
Bug and tar- bad sellers and we have alot of bugs

Last edited:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
So it looks like I have most of the basics covered then along with a few additions.

All I know is that I can't wait to take down all of those mechanical vendors. I have 16 of them and all they do is give me headaches.

Thanks!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
A shurvend. It has been great so far! I haven't seen the drastic increase in sales that I was hoping for, but it has only been 30 days. Color me impatient.

Eric H

Reaction score
You might want to add: Megures Dash Wipes and All Purpose Wipes, and Notrth American Glass Cleaner.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
You might want to add: Megures Dash Wipes and All Purpose Wipes, and Notrth American Glass Cleaner.
Agree with all of these.
The dash wipes sold great for us until a few months ago when meguiers raised the price - we raised ours by the same amount, and sales dropped off. But in general the dash wipes, all purpose wipes, etc wipes all sell surprisingly well.

MEP001

Reaction score
I replaced a poorly selling Little Tree fragrance with the Simoniz cleaning wipes packs. They took off well at first, and I was optimistic about their future, but the people who tried must not have liked them. I sell maybe two a week now.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Does anyone do the vending lotto? I have been doing it for a week now with poor weather and my vendor sales are up 30%! It's too early to make a prediction, but I am really surprised at how much I've sold. Just curious.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yep; i put a token in every dozen or so items.

i just tape it to armorall, etc. and write on the mask. tape:'you won' or ' winner'

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
On the drop shelf vendors, you can put multiple items on a random shelf, say an air freshner, I would use a scent that doesn't sell as well. Or on a shurvend I just put a rubber band on the items together. I think the shurvend might have a bonus feature,but not sure how it works.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
To really encourage the use of our new shurvend, I borrowed Pat C.'s advice about offering a vending lotto. We have a sign right next to the vendor that states in very simple terms that 1 out every 5 items is a guaranteed winner. When we first put the sign out, we made sure that the first item that was bought from each spot had a token on it. When someone got a token and got excited, everyone on the lot looked at them. It worked out great! You can read my first hand interaction with another customer here. http://bubblesgalore.wordpress.com/

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I just made some vending lotto signs for my vendmaster.
win tokens....win cash....win gift cards and one grand prize of $100 wash card.
One in 5 chance of winning something.
I will post the results once I see them.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I would say that it has. I only have one month to compare to, but for as bad as the weather was, I am happy with the amount I brought in. April is looking better.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
The Simonize 'packs" are terrible sellers for us as well. If you actually try the products yourself, you will quickly see why people don't buy them more than once. I think the Simonize vending products are some of the worst performing products out there. Plain terrible! The only exception is the Travel Wipes product which is basically a wet wipe, however, they don't sell either. I think they would sell if people would try them, unfortunately, the photo on the package looks like a monkey!

MEP001

Reaction score
I loaded some into a drop-shelf vendor - they sold well at first, but dropped off to about 2 a week. I like how they work, but the towels are way too small. I'm sure they'd sell better if there were a dozen larger wipes instead of the 20 smaller ones in the package.