What's new

Vending in Bay?

vguard296

Reaction score
Came into a deal a few months ago for 12 single drop shelfs for $100 total, it was to hard to say no to a unit for just $8.50 a pop.

Ive had these in my garage at home and its time to get them doing something. I can place a few of them in the usual places, but curious if anyone has ever tried installing them in a self serve bay? If we did it, we would just stock towels for purchase.

For more context, we are adding air shamees to two of the eight bays to make them 'super bays' and build up their use and awareness gradually, and outfit a few additional bays each year with shamees. The towels would be an interim until a shamee is installed in that bay.

Reactions: sjb

MEP001

Reaction score
I would recommend vending near the changer. My wash had vendors on every bay pillar when I got it, and I sold almost nothing They were put there because the belief was that customers would buy towels near where they needed them, but the ones furthest from the changer sold way, way fewer than the one closest. I took all down but two which I moved by the changer, towels and Armor All protectant sponge, and I sell out on towels and about half the Armor All every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

vguard296

Reaction score
Definitely agree with you, had the same experience. I moved the air machine from the vacuum area to be 10 feet to the right of the changer and it was like magic overnight.