What's new

Vending Center upgrade suggestion?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
For example, Blue Coral had this system - Exterior Supreme. Person applies products with a paint-gun type sprayer and then wipes off with a slightly damped towel, takes 8-minutes.

Anyone can do it.

Product cost, $0.50 to $0.75 per. Unit cost, maybe $4K to $5K. Price, $5 to $10.
I think the oerative term was "HAD" . I had my rep sell me 2 on a money back guarantee if I did not like them... Got my moey back . Was not suitable for SS use. (We had them fitted with Token acceptors.)

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Detail is not effortless like putting out a vending machine to sell little trees for a buck.

Detail is a self-service not a product.

There must be adequate instructions. Like express, there must be personnel to assist when necessary. It must be marketed and promoted properly.

If these things are done, the reward is rich. Otherwise, it’s like full-service. If you sell, you get great margins. If you just take orders, expect below average performance.

Similarly, doesn’t in-bay automatic take more time and effort than wand-only?

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
I would make the island nothing but Little Trees.
Advertise it as Little Tree Island.
I have a large refg. Shurvend but I think a vendor or island that was by itself selling L.T.'s would be a winner.
I wish Laurel would make a vendor that vended 15-20 Little Trees.
Over the years on this blog it seems to me when anyone ask what items are good to vend usually the first thing we post is Little Trees.
Thanks JMMUSTANG.

A little slow to reply but I've gone with your suggestion and made the vending island drop shelf units all Little Trees. Additionally I have installed a KleenVend in wall vendor for detail products, but the drop shelf units will remain for trees.

Thanks for the input everyone!