What's new

Vending Center upgrade suggestion?

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
I have a freestanding Vendor Center with drop shelf vendors in front of my equipment room. I'm going to take down the Laurel vendors and install a new in wall vendor on the building. Problem is that this vendor center is full of concrete... like a lot of concrete. So I was thinking of a way to use this for a new income opportunity? It already has power, so rather than tearing it down, anyone have a suggestion on how to make it useful?

chaz

Reaction score
I'd put new lettering on the awning and keep it as an additional profit center to your through the wall vendor. Perhaps vend many tree flavors from the old area!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do you have

Spray Air freshener machine?

Tire inflator machine?

slash007

Reaction score
I've had some demand for a tire inflation machine and have been wanting to add one for a while There seem to be many options out there. What do you guys recommend? Something simple, or more complex? Hanging hose or retractable? I figure some of you guys already have units out there and would be able to steer me in the best direction. Thanks.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
spray air freshener, tire inflator, etc - these are good ideas.
But why not continue to use the laurel vendors? I installed a shur-vend a few years ago, but I kept my laurel vendors. I find that some items sell very well from them - little trees, towels, and armor all to be specific. You can then put higher price/margin items in your in-wall vendor.
FYI new stickers on your vending machines would make a world of difference, I replace the stickers every year or two. Everything I see about your wash in the pic looks nice, but those stickers... yikes. I wouldnt drop a buck in those machines as they are right now.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Simple. I like the JE Adams machine.

Saw one by another MFGR at the show and the inside lines were Copper! Give me a break, like the stuff will last forever or when it comes time to change a compressor it will be an exact fit?

WikiWash

Reaction score
My Doyle Fresh Impressions have been absolute work horses with little to no problems for the past 12 years. My JE Adams 6 in 1 has had issues with fragrance/hose and shampooer/hose, wither it being a broken wire in the hose faulty switch and mechanical issues too. Also their contactors occasionally stick and keep the vac motors running. I also have turbo vac on that model, when you cover the hose and hold it to test suction the filter bag door sucks in from the vacuum and makes a thumping sound. It is also the most difficult to work on bc everything is crammed together. I also have had wires fall loose off the rotary switch where I had to resolder them on. There's probably more but I can't remember off the top of my head. I also have a fragramatics vac and frag combo, Also a workhorse. It by far has the best suction out of all of my vacuums I have to check and see if it has three motors or not bc it has better vacuum than my three motor JE adams. ***I have a vacuum gauge to measure the amount of suction each of my vacs. The Fragramatics is by far the easiest to work on. I cant remember the last time I pulled the hood off to work on it. My Doyles are used the most bc of their locations and my JE Adams and Fragramatics are about the same on usage. If I had to buy another vacuum I would look at Fragramatics and Doyle. As far as the normal JE Adams without all the bells and whistles; I don't have any experience with those. One would hope they work well due to its only a vacuum.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Wiki,

I think he was asking about tire inflators.....

slash007

Reaction score
Lol, I've never been of a fan of their combo vacs, but heard great things about the tire inflation machines. Where would the best place to buy one be? I have been looking for a used unit with no luck. KleenRite sells them, but I wonder if I can get them cheaper somewhere else.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would make the island nothing but Little Trees.
Advertise it as Little Tree Island.
I have a large refg. Shurvend but I think a vendor or island that was by itself selling L.T.'s would be a winner.
I wish Laurel would make a vendor that vended 15-20 Little Trees.
Over the years on this blog it seems to me when anyone ask what items are good to vend usually the first thing we post is Little Trees.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Or, If you do sufficient AF Volume custom air fresheners. Nice to have your advertisement hanging from the mirror.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
It could be a self-serve detail center.

For example, there appears to be enough area to the left of the island to park a car without interfering with the adjacent wand-bay or door to mechanical room.

So, on top of the island, mount a self-serve vending unit that dispenses spray wax, Rain-X and tire shine.

For example, Blue Coral had this system - Exterior Supreme. Person applies products with a paint-gun type sprayer and then wipes off with a slightly damped towel, takes 8-minutes.

Anyone can do it.

Product cost, $0.50 to $0.75 per. Unit cost, maybe $4K to $5K. Price, $5 to $10.