What's new

vender conversion to a keypad system

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I have a single column Laurel electronic drop shelf vender. I would like to remove the electronic coin mech and replace it with a keypad. If the customer knows the proper code they could punch it in and get their vend. I want to be able to go in and change the codes myself as needed.

Any ideas on how to do this?

MEP001

Reaction score
I was thinking that too, maybe even a PLC that can link to a PC-based POS software for the code.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I googled "access keypad" and found many options. A keypad made for gate, garage door, etc. access looks like it would be a fairly easy thing to set up.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Keypad

I have explored the same thing, only to put keypads in the wash bays and then have commercial accounts be able to turn the bay on with their code.

Unfortunately, I didn't come up with what I was looking for. In additional an industrial strength pad which will withstand abuse, there also needs to be some sort of controlling and logging software. I think that's beyond the scope of most PLC's I've looked at-- probably meaning a computer based solution.

When a customer punches a code, I don't want it just to merely turn on but I want to know who visited, when, and for how long.