What's new

Vend It by IVS/GinSan

mac

Reaction score
Well the factory is no longer supporting this machine. The people there just say this is obsolete and they can't get parts for it. It's about a 6 year old machine, and they say it's obsolete.My guess is that when they did the bankruptcy, they burned their suppliers. Since they sold, through distributors like me, about 150 of these, I was curious if someone knows where to get some parts. I know the main circuit board and coin acceptor can be serviced by Coinco, but does anyone know where I can get a touchpad?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Well the factory is no longer supporting this machine. The people there just say this is obsolete and they can't get parts for it. It's about a 6 year old machine, and they say it's obsolete.My guess is that when they did the bankruptcy, they burned their suppliers. Since they sold, through distributors like me, about 150 of these, I was curious if someone knows where to get some parts. I know the main circuit board and coin acceptor can be serviced by Coinco, but does anyone know where I can get a touchpad?
Mac,

The machine you are referring to is the VR1000, our original model of vender that we stopped producing about 5 years ago. You are correct that the main board is a product that we purchased off the shelf from Coinco and they can still service them. You are also correct that there are some parts we can no longer get, such as the spirals, because they are no longer made. As for the keypads we can, and still do, get those for customers.

A simple call to myself would have answered that question. I believe you have the number.

mac

Reaction score
Dan, thanks for the reply. I am assuming that this is the Dan I have known up there for a while. Let me elaborate. I sold eight of these machines. In the last month I have had three of these customers told on the phone the machines are obsolete and are no longer supported. This last guy went so far as to send in the part so someone there could see it. They sent him a part earlier that was not it, so he sent in the actual part. He was told this day that it can not be replaced. If I am not correct in this, please let me know. Someone up there is sending really confusing advice to your customers. One in particular is the woman who answers the phone at IVS. I have had many of my customers tell me how rude she was. She has made me just hang up the phone on several occasions. My customer called me on this because after a week of dealing with it and many calls he was told to just go away. Sometnin ain't right.