What's new

Vector Troubles

wader

Reaction score
Hey Guys....any ideas?

I keep blowing the GFIC. At the start it would blow it at the beginning of the wax cycle, but now it is also doing it on presoaks also, I can’t get it to blow on any high pressure passes though. When I take all the leads off of the ASCO’s and ran the presoak the problem stopped, and as soon as I hook any one of them back up it immediately blows the GFIC. The wires inside the ASCO’s showed signs of corrosion so I replaced all the terminals for ASCO’s (brown, blue, black)….but it keeps blowing. Also many of the brown, black, and blue wires look black when I strip them, I believe the corrosion has been drawn up into the wires.

Does it sound like the wiring harness should be replaced?

Note: I also replace the GFIC breaker, and the orange terminal that the yellow wires connect to looks fine.
Note: All of these things mentioned above are in the bay, it was a retrofit, so there is always moisture around.

Thanks for any help

Bob Koo

Reaction score
Have you checked the lights on your sign in the bay? The bulb holders may be corroded and are causing your GFI to trip out. Just watch the lights when a wash is in process

Hope this helps

wader

Reaction score
Very interesting, but my GFIC is tripping even when I force it in stationary mode.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
Not knowing how old your Vector is. Mine has the light bar on the carriage, if I force it in stationary position, the wash light flashes on the bar.

Have you opened the MCC and tightened all of the terminations, yes there are a lot of them. This is my normal first step before I even begin trouble shooting electrically problems since I have found loose connection after searching and searching, then wanting to kick myself for something stupid as a loose terminal.

Wouldn't you know, it's Friday before a weekend of Washing.