What's new

Vector Tri Foam

traveler17

Reaction score
I have a vector at a site that’s still a workhorse but during the winter I have yet to find anything to keep the triple foam from freezing up. It’s using pulsatron pumps for each color. I run winter formula mixes wide open and it still freezes I’m assuming because to much water is mixed in when pumping. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to run a site with a Vector. I just put up a sign that said not to use the top wash when it's below freezing. I tried manually blowing out the lines as an experiment, but it took way too long for them to fill. That also makes an antifreeze purge not an option.

traveler17

Reaction score
I used to run a site with a Vector. I just put up a sign that said not to use the top wash when it's below freezing. I tried manually blowing out the lines as an experiment, but it took way too long for them to fill. That also makes an antifreeze purge not an option.
I figured. Thought it was worth a shot to ask. I usually just unplug the pumps and put up a sign. Thanks

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what about putting some heat tape On the tubing or trying to keep the bay warmer? or maybe you could customize your winter blend by buying some methanol and adding it in the concentrated foam To give it more antifreeze properties.

I would try a lot of things myself in an effort to not put the sign up saying don't buy my best package.

traveler17

Reaction score
what about putting some heat tape On the tubing or trying to keep the bay warmer? or maybe you could customize your winter blend by buying some methanol and adding it in the concentrated foam To give it more antifreeze properties.

I would try a lot of things myself in an effort to not put the sign up saying don't buy my best package.
Well I actually don’t say that , but kinda like the foam brush signs “triple foam may freeze” yada yada.
I’ve tried everything, I spent a long time a while back wrapping heat cable from the ER to the bay and used it just for tri foam. Froze up solid. We’re not bad a winters here in Southeast NC but snow and ice every now and then. The bay is open w no doors and not worth the money for doors because when it does freeze it’s not for an extended period of time. I was just hoping for someone in the Midwest who has or had a vector that had to deal w it

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about making it stronger with more methanol? You could also wrap pipe insulation around the tubing with the heat tape underneath.

traveler17

Reaction score
I’d probably have to run it straight methanol. Where do ya buy that? These pumps throw so much water in with the tri foam. I’ve tried the stuff at the auto one etc..