What's new

vector rapid wash

cccw

Reaction score
anyone besides me having titration problems with their pulsatron pumps on a
vector rapid wash. i really believe the install was wrong. my two main pumps are out in the tunnel and my pulsatrons and sdm is inside pump room. there is a long pull from chemicals to arms. belanger and distributor are no help.

Reaction score
vector install

hi there. twin vector operator here and i'm somewhat confused. your main cat pumps are in the bay, while everything else is in the equip. room? if so, where did they place the cat pumps? our set-up has all pumps (cat and pulsatron) contained in one unit, in the equip. room. regardless, i'm also uncertain how this might affect your titration. does it take a really long time for your chems to reach the manifolds in the bay?

here to help. cheers, ted

MEP001

Reaction score
cccw, you might start by checking the valves in the Pulsatron pumps. If your chemical causes them to swell it will reduce the flow. You can and should replace the valve seats with Teflon ones.

I doubt the length to the bay would make a significant impact on flow unless the installer did something stupid like use 1/8" OD tubing. There's no "pull" upstream of the pump, and the usual 3/8" OD tubing wouldn't cause a restriction even at the peak flow of those pumps.

DavidM

Reaction score
Our SDM is mounted on our pumping station in our equipment room and the solution is pumped to the bay. From the SDM to the bay is probably 35 feet or more. We have not had problems with the distance.

MEP is probably on the right track, those check valves can be problematic. The most recent ones I ordered from Belanger appear to the teflon. I guess they changed to these.

David

fgeiger

Reaction score
I would like to learn more about the issues your are describing. Please feel free to contact me, so that we can find the cause of the problems you are experiencing

cccw

Reaction score
MEP,
presoak one has 1/8 inch tubing to pulsatron while presoak 2 has 3/8 tubing.
was told problem might be injector at manifold so took it apart to see if clogged and was not. belanger said to stretch spring inside injector. my biggest problem is my titration is good one day then the next day no good. have used different chemical companies, changed check valves and rebuilt pulsatrons. looking for right direction.

Chad

Reaction score
cccw,
Just had the same problem on our Vector. Sometimed the presoak worked and sometimes it didn't. We changed the check valves, injectors, and even swithced out the pulsatron pump. Come to find out if was the foot valve. Note to self, change the easy stuff out first.

fgeiger

Reaction score
Other than checking the foot valve, inconsistent water pressure can also alter the titration. The pump's function is to deliver the mixed solution to the machine. I hope this helps

Etowah